Heavy solid metal

Lakota

Dec 2, 2016
Alaska
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpgFound in Charleston near Hampton park. Hope someone can identify the splinters shown.image.jpgimage.jpg

Welcome to Tnet, can we get a little more info such as:
Does it stick to a magnet?
Are you taking pics through a magnifying glass?

Upvote 0
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post Lakota - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Upvote 0
It's heavy for its size. Very hard but brittle. Streaks grey and non magnetic. It could be Chromite. Using a jewellers loupe at 60+

Upvote 0
Just in case you weren't aware don't disregard anything as "not possible in this area". Hampton Park has seen many activities through it's loooong history. At one time there was a city zoo there!

As a side note, if you didn't know already be VERY cautious about detecting on Charleston City property. They have some very strict and specific laws about detecting. They can't say anything about private property detecting (as long as you have owner permission of course!), but they have a pretty stiff penalty; $500, 30 days in jail or both as well as the ability to seize and destroy your equipment upon conviction. The specific verbiage reads: "Treasure hunting. Metal detecting and/or digging in public parks, public rights-of-way, and playgrounds is prohibited. " They have some HIGHLY anal ordinances in general there, and they're not hesitant about enforcing them.

Upvote 0
image.jpgimage.jpgThanks for the info. Owned for three years now. Start putting in patio and found 1885 Indian head penny. Purchased my first metal detector and started pulling old stuff out of the ground. Brass horse trophies, medicine and perfume bottles. Our property is like a dump. The silver rocks should up as nickel on the Fisher F4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Were these found on vacation or something? Your info shows you're in Alaska.

...just curious.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back