🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_8169.jpeg

Made it back down to the 2 old sites deep in the park woods. I have taken running lately and occasionally jog through the park woods detector and spade in hand. Deep sites are perfect for mixing hobbies.

There is an odd ornate purple vessel that someone placed above the stream near the sites. It is full of water, weird. I am always envisioning these old 1800’s sites when researching and exploring. Entered prompts into an AI app and was cool to see how this site could have looked 150 years ago.

The heel plate with the heart pattern has been posted many times on Tnet, fun to find one for my collection. The fob is a Green River Whiskey variety and the spoon handle is a mystery. Thx

Attachments

• IMG_8163.jpeg
    IMG_8163.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_8164.jpeg
    IMG_8164.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_8160.jpeg
    IMG_8160.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_8159.jpeg
    IMG_8159.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_8170.jpeg
    IMG_8170.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_8171.jpeg
    IMG_8171.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_8172.jpeg
    IMG_8172.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_8173.jpeg
    IMG_8173.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_8158.jpeg
    IMG_8158.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
Upvote 35
I always love what you find!!! Awesome!!! Great you are in shape. I was running last year and will get back into it before spring. Good health can get you to into areas other won't try!! I'm surprised someone would leave a piece of carnival glass.
Thx! I’m assuming the purple vessel, carnival glass, holds the ashes of a beloved pet, or some some kind of ritual for loss. Too deep in the woods for typical geocache type public thing. Yes, it is very intricate and stands out like neon. Definitely something to take a pic of and leave in place.

The spoon handle resembles the shield logo for the Union Pacific Railroad, although that shield style was used by many sources.
Great finds. I see my favorite: harmonica parts. 👍🏼
Thx! Harmonica reeds let you know you are digging good dirt. Found info on the spoon! It’s a GAR 1896 momento.

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    282.8 KB · Views: 12
View attachment 2120189
Made it back down to the 2 old sites deep in the park woods. I have taken running lately and occasionally jog through the park woods detector and spade in hand. Deep sites are perfect for mixing hobbies.

There is an odd ornate purple vessel that someone placed above the stream near the sites. It is full of water, weird. I am always envisioning these old 1800’s sites when researching and exploring. Entered prompts into an AI app and was cool to see how this site could have looked 150 years ago.

The heel plate with the heart pattern has been posted many times on Tnet, fun to find one for my collection. The fob is a Green River Whiskey variety and the spoon handle is a mystery. Thx
Looks like you had a great time, I love places like that !!
That "Bred in old Kentucky" looks a lot like a
"Green River Whisky" token... I've found several of them (Green River Whisky)
After looking it up. it appears to be a different variety of the Green River Whisky ... NICE !!

(Now I see you actually said this.. I'm sorry :crybaby2: )

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 12
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back