56.2 KB · Views: 725
  • DSC02354.JPG
    DSC02354.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 707
Hilo Bottle Finder said:
A rainbow of colors from paradise. :thumbsup:

Good gosh I reckon. :notworthy:

Beautiful bottle line up there. I love the Hutches. :thumbsup:

HBF, certainly this is one of the more attractive collections seen in a while, with outstanding color and variety. It's so good. I think that yours is just one of those posts that impresses people in such a way that makes it difficult to come up with words to comment.

Thanks. When I first began collecting I focused on quantity. Later I switched to the more rare, but expensive Hawaiian BIMAL sodas. My wife wasn't too impressed and felt that everything looked the same. It wasn't until she saw the diversity of bottles and the various colors that she began to support my crazy obsession. However, she still thinks that I am crazy. :dontknow:

Aloha
HBF

I dug up some and bought and traded for the rest. I started collecting on the island of Hawaii so my collection - not shown here - is primarily from the island of Hawaii. All bimal bottles created for Hawaiian companies came from several different glass houses outside of Hawaii. Of course the majority were from the United States, but there are some bottles made in Europe as well - marble stoppers and siphons.

Hi Ken

I see your collection has grown since I last seen it.

It been some time, niece to see your still collecting looks great

Stafford

Nice glass right there. Which ones are the rare ones if you don't mind me asking...?? jgas

jgas said:
Nice glass right there. Which ones are the rare ones if you don't mind me asking...?? jgas
I can help a bit there - until Colonel Ken chimes in :read2:

All of those sodas are quite rare and valuable to the Hawaii Bottle Collector......

Any of them would sell for well over $100 on eBay :notworthy:

However, I'd have to say that the highest value ones would be the amber colored Hawaiian Soda Works and the short crown top First Infantry Exchange :o

Either one of these would fetch well over $1000, with the amber Hawaiian likely over $2000 :headbang:

Of course Colonel Ken knows better than I and I'm very curious to see what he has to say on the subject......

Small correction: the crown top Consolidated Soda Works shown next to the amber Hawaiian is actually one of the most common sodes on Oahu (unless the last "D" in Consolidated is backwards) :dontknow:

These have sold for as little as $20 in the recent past and I've got a couple of them myself......

Now I'm very curious as to why that particular bottle would be placed in a display with some of the rarest sodas in Hawaii ???

Holy Samolians there Sode....That makes it even more impresive of a collection. Not that cash has anything to do with it :tongue3:. But those are beautiful bottles. My dream is to dig a pit in every single state! You in? ;D jgas

jgas said:
Holy Samolians there Sode....That makes it even more impresive of a collection. Not that cash has anything to do with it :tongue3:. But those are beautiful bottles. My dream is to dig a pit in every single state! You in? ;D jgas
I'm ALL in!!! :headbang:

I just wish that I could at least start witha good pit here in California......

Obviously I've already got Hawaii checked off, but I'd love to help you get it checked off your list :wink:

The only thing holding me back is my lovely wife, who thinks this whole bottle digging thing is a crazy waste of time :help:

When I first seen this post I knew the amber hutch was worth some serious buck due to the color... I would say without knowing the company rarity just by going by color alone almost every single hutch in that collection is worth a pretty penny each.... there are alot of unusaul/rare colors....

Are deep cobalt hutches worth anything?..........NGE

What a nice collection and great color. I really like those hutch bottles. :icon_thumright:

:o Hey everybody. Sorry for not responding sooner, but I've been so busy that I haven't visited this site in months. Stafford howzit brah. How's Kona? Anyway Happy 2011 to every collector out there and best of luck. Here a few more added to the collection at the end of 2010. Some pretty good stuff, but I paid way too much for the Macfarlane Beer - but at least I have one now.

Aloha

COL Ken

Attachments

• Bottles Dec 2010.JPG
    Bottles Dec 2010.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 360

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back