Has anyone seen this fork before? Is it silver??

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m sorry I forgot already put this up. The only makers Mark is on the front of the fork that says “Manufacturers”. No other markings of .925 and it was found at 1820s property. I see gashes in there that looks silver still, But I’m not sure if it’s silver over brass since it doesn’t have a 925. Any help would be much appreciated thank you IMG_0456.JPGIMG_0457.JPGIMG_0458.JPG

Last edited:
It looks to be silver plated made to look like a coin silver piece. Probably circa 1850’s-60’s. Too bad it’s not coin silver.

Last edited:
Cool find Ive yet to find a silve fork or spoon but Ive found many junk ones

That spoon is cool....

Yeah that was my first silver relic I ever found. I had my Bounty Hunter and heard a loud signal dug a plug in the clay checked the hole....nothing. Got aggravated and said he’ll with this hobby. Went to the truck and a chunk of clay was stuck on the shovel. When I went to knock it off I saw just a silver curvy outline. The rest is history haven’t stopped digging since.

Yeah that was my first silver relic I ever found. I had my Bounty Hunter and heard a loud signal dug a plug in the clay checked the hole....nothing. Got aggravated and said he’ll with this hobby. Went to the truck and a chunk of clay was stuck on the shovel. When I went to knock it off I saw just a silver curvy outline. The rest is history haven’t stopped digging since.

Best story I've heard all week...lmao

First photo definitely Plate Keep on swingin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back