Has anyone seen this before?

Lizard King

Nov 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this up a couple of days ago and can't find any info on it. Trash or treasure?

ForumRunner_20130205_104517.png

ForumRunner_20130205_104324.png

ForumRunner_20130205_104110.png

ForumRunner_20130205_104027.png

What do you want to prove with those?

The similarities on the person posing in my token and these coins. Its the closest thing I could find that resemble my token. I know this token isn't that old and I've been searching for info but haven't had any luck.

Upvote 0
Its similar to the dancing dude on the jar posted by nhbenz so I would say its an early Tinactin advertising token. I dont think they were in business too long because I cant find anything old on this company.

Send it to Richards and he can post it in his database. Its not trash. There may be a collector interested in it. Or send a pic to Tinactin.

Upvote 0
I should have mentioned that the "dancing dude" is Mercury (Roman) or Hermes (Greek).

I followed the link you provided and ended up reading some info on the dancing mercury. Thanks

Upvote 0
I searched Richards and I didnt see it but you can send him a pic to put your token on his database.

Well its not exactly treasure but its certainly not trash. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0
Can someone help me out and load the token images to Richards token database? I can't load them from my phone and my PC is not working properly. Thanks

Upvote 0
I have this coin or token too!

Dug this up a couple of days ago and can't find any info on it. Trash or treasure?

Hi Lizard King, I have seen this before. I have the same coin. When I cleaned out my father's home he had this coin with some other old coins. I can't tell you anything about it though. I know as much as you do. Have you learned anything more than what's posted here? My family comes from Sicily, so I don't know if that gives us any more of a lead into the history of this coin. I would appreciate it if you will keep me updated if you get anything more on it and I will do the same. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi Lizard King, I have seen this before. I have the same coin. When I cleaned out my father's home he had this coin with some other old coins. I can't tell you anything about it though. I know as much as you do. Have you learned anything more than what's posted here? My family comes from Sicily, so I don't know if that gives us any more of a lead into the history of this coin. I would appreciate it if you will keep me updated if you get anything more on it and I will do the same. Thanks.

Perhaps YOU could provide better pictures of YOUR token.

Upvote 0
Hey guys. Joined up seeings how I FINALLY found someone else who at least had this thing. I have one too, was my grandfathers. I got it, I don't know, probably 10 or 15 years ago. Just wanted to chime in as a third person with interest in what this is all about.

Tinactin, heh.

Here are the pics I took this AM when I randomly decided to see what I could find today. I can clean it up a little and use my DSLR to get some nicer pictures if there is any interest still. I can't make out what the wording is on the one side. Certainly not in these pics anyway. It is not English.

20130918_052744-1.jpg

20130918_052751-2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good evening all! I was just researching this same coin as I stumbled across it in my uncles coin collection. The collection was given to me when I was a boy after his death. I was trying to sort through approximately 5000 coins, when I saw it. I just joined this site so that I could comment on this thread. I've yet to find out how to post a picture in this response, but my coin is pretty clear and after magnifying the letters on the back I made out a symbol followed by the letters E N C V N. The V may be a U and the C may be an E but the others are pretty clear. If any new news comes about please keep me informed!

Upvote 0
Yours is an old thread, but if you are still wondering about the coin, I have one too! It is a promotional token made by Tinactin (yes, the foot fungus powder). My dad was a pharmacist and received these with a shipment of Tinactin. Mystery solved!

Upvote 0
IMG_4976.JPG
IMG_4975.JPG
I am glad to see much of the leg work has been done on this "coin". My great aunt and uncle had a pharmacy so I am sure that @SellierGirl is correct it must have been some type of promotional piece. that said does anyone know if there is a museum of these kinds of artifacts?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back