Has anyone seen this before?

Lizard King

Nov 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this up a couple of days ago and can't find any info on it. Trash or treasure?

ForumRunner_20130205_104517.png

ForumRunner_20130205_104324.png

ForumRunner_20130205_104110.png

ForumRunner_20130205_104027.png

Does the guy in the token have athlete's feet?
Thats the only Tinactin I ever heard of.

Upvote 0
What are the letters on it? I can read TINACTIN. But what is on the other side?

DCMatt

Upvote 0
What are the letters on it? I can read TINACTIN. But what is on the other side?

DCMatt

Yes it reads tinactin. I can't make it out but it looks like a man holding a spear or Trident with another man on his back. On the side that reads tinactin there's a person holding what looks like a torch.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I can't find anything on this token and its driving me nuts. Anyone else have any info that can help me out?

Upvote 0
Is it solid, judging by weight? There appears to be a seam along the edge... Maybe a sample tin?

Upvote 0
Is it solid, judging by weight? There appears to be a seam along the edge... Maybe a sample tin?

Yes its solid. I found some info and pictures on early Roman/Greek coins with similar shape . Found a similar coin with the man holding a baby on his left hand and a spear on his right. I'm sure this coin isn't that old but still a cool find for me being new to this hobby. I'm going to keep at it till I find out what exactly I found.

Upvote 0
Found this coin with similar man holdind a labarum on his right hand and victory on globe on his left hand.

040_001.jpg

thumb00692.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back