Has anyone seen these symbols?

That mound being moade of a different material could be for one of two reasons.

1-- It stands out as different to get your attention.
2-- Maybe it's a sample of the type of ground you need to look for. Is there a deposit of this type of clay anywhere in the area? There are some types of clay that is very valuable, such as the really fine grained clay that is sought out for making porcilin (sp). If that is a blue clay, I say find the deposit and start pan processing it for diamonds.

I was trying to see if anyone recognizes this small symbol which is next to another larger one. It's a small black dot with lines coming from it heading North, South, East and West. This symbol is located within a cave just past natural light on a small mud/clay mound measuring 48" long x 18" high x 12"thick. The small symbol is located just left and midway down (on left side) of the larger one. Thanks for any input... I'd really like some input especially on the small symbol with the black dot center.... Thank you.... Brad
looks like Florida on the right, the gulf river basin's on the left?

That mound being moade of a different material could be for one of two reasons.

1-- It stands out as different to get your attention.
2-- Maybe it's a sample of the type of ground you need to look for. Is there a deposit of this type of clay anywhere in the area? There are some types of clay that is very valuable, such as the really fine grained clay that is sought out for making porcilin (sp). If that is a blue clay, I say find the deposit and start pan processing it for diamonds.

Stack.... Naw, the mud/clay mound is made of the same material as all of its surroundings. I've been told by "some" the H, L and R is not runes writings. Ok... maybe. But I CANNOT (yet) figure out the 2 symbols on the left. And this is not counting all the faded symbols. And if the professor at U.T. is right.... then its a sediment cast from a saltpeter vat. So I'm very confused now.

Limitool:
I think that professor is just reaching for an answer. If that was the collected sediment from a vat that was dumped out, it would most likely be smooth all over (more or less). And why the heck would "they" shove it into a cave spot only about 18 inches high instead of just shoving it off to the side in their work area?? Just doesn't make any sense HIS way.

Limitool:
I think that professor is just reaching for an answer. If that was the collected sediment from a vat that was dumped out, it would most likely be smooth all over (more or less). And why the heck would "they" shove it into a cave spot only about 18 inches high instead of just shoving it off to the side in their work area?? Just doesn't make any sense HIS way.

Well I can kinda answer that Stack.... ( a little). When I looked up other sediment casts on the net some of them were up against the walls also. I believe they did this so the water would run off. Now these mounds are HEAVY... real heavy. Nobody is going to "move" them. And there were all different sizes also. I do believe this mound was smooth and more squared 200 years ago. The mound itself is 18" high and the area its in is about 24" or less. But my problem with this being right is that there just isn't any room in which to fill a vat to mine for saltpeter. I'll attach a photo showing my grandson next to it... hard to figure how it got there let alone the symbols etched upon it... its not natural to its environment.

Attachments

• Z9.JPG
    Z9.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
Can you check to see if there is a void beneath the "lump"? Use a metal rod as a probe and see if you can push it in at an angle and see if it hits an open area under the lump. If not, then just proceed with the premise that it's there to hold the symbols. A lot of investigation is yet to be done.

Can you check to see if there is a void beneath the "lump"? Use a metal rod as a probe and see if you can push it in at an angle and see if it hits an open area under the lump. If not, then just proceed with the premise that it's there to hold the symbols. A lot of investigation is yet to be done.

Did that Stack.... If you really study some of the pics posted on my main thread in "today finds" you'll see the mound appears to have settled deeper into the surface area. And when we dug down into the soil in front of the mound we did find a void. I got excited at that point. The void was about 4-5" high and all across the front of the mound. It went under the mound about 1-2" only. The soil is about 18" deep in front of the mound to bedrock. We found nothing and it was very wet. So I guess it was just a void caused by seeping ground water. We probed the entire mound with a small arrow shaft and hit or found nothing. Review this 2nd video we posted. It may help you better understand this area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back