Hard morning yields rollerblades, 39 Merc

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
The owners of the silver farm were evidently cleaning house over the weekend; when we arrived, there was a small pile of refuse waiting for garbage pickup. After inspecting the contents, my daughter started claiming a few items (remember the post about dumpster diving?), including a set of roller blades. I initially dissuaded her, but let her keep a few plastic bats. I started in on the job of finding old coins and managed 1911 and 34 wheats, as well as this 39 Merc. At some point late in the search, my daughter came marching across the lawn in the rollerblades; what choice did I have but to relent and let her keep them ::)? Her mother will be thrilled! ;D I also found a silver spoon which I haven't scanned; I'm hoping it's a missing piece to a set that's still in the family. Only got .85 today; I could head out to the park for a quick .15, but that would feel like cheating. SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW :) :) :) :)

Attachments

• merc39 (2).jpg
    merc39 (2).jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 334
Upvote 0
great finds halfdime ! that merc is fine looking for sure ;) lol on the dumpster diving , the wife looks around them for pop caps to turn in for points ;)

And the Mercs keep on coming! Nice job.

Nat

Good stuff there.
My youngest daughter, 16, just got her car.
Believe hoss. LOL

Attachments

• 3108881045.jpg
    3108881045.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 241
A very nice Merc HD--Congrats

Nice Merc, halfdime!

I hear ya with the school thing. Free from 8:30am to 4:00pm Mon-Fri. With cooler temps and maybe even some rain!

Congrats on the roller blades too! :D

Ridley

WTG, nice merc!!

:o Nice Merc along with a fist full of Wheats. HH and let her have fun while she's young and still living at home. They grow up so fast.......

Desrtfox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back