Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to be off for the 4th this year, which happens about every 3 or 4 years, so I checked out the parade on Main Street. Not a whole lot interesting, but every so often they have some pretty cool cars. I noticed when the flag passed in review, only me and about 5 other old guys (pretty sure they were vets) in my block stood up, removed our hats, placed them over our hearts as it passed. Maybe decorum has changed. I will give the crowd credit, they cheered loudly and applauded. Ol Red Tail led up the rear and I guess he's switched over to prospector from mountain man. Haven't seen the official numbers, but we get about 10,000 or more visitors descend on us for this holiday, and I wonder how many were disappointed to find out there are absolutely no fireworks allowed in this county anymore.
7-4vv.jpg
7-4yy.jpg
7-4uu.jpg
7-4zzz.jpg

Very cool pictures! Sure looks like you guys had a great parade.

We went up and watched the 4th of July parade in Breckenridge maybe close to years ago now. Afterwards we had dinner at a Bubba Gump restaurant. One of the kids had spaghetti O's from the kids menu and it cost like 15 bucks. I began to grumbled about that and mama said to cool-it and just enjoy the moment together and not ruin a good time.

Last edited:
We went up and watched the 4th of July parade in Breckenridge maybe close to years ago now. Afterwards we had dinner at a Bubba Gump restaurant. One of the kids had spaghetti O's from the kids menu and it cost like 15 bucks. I began to grumbled about that and mama said to cool-it and just enjoy the moment together and not ruin a good time.
The proper response to when a restaurant hoses you is visit the restroom. Find a roll. Roll up your sleeve and firmly lodge said roll so as your elbow is wet. Wash your arm. Dry arm. Unroll sleeve. Take a dump. Wipe up. Do NOT flush. Be very polite to everyone. Smile all the way home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back