Handsome visitor

LauraLou56

Sep 11, 2024

Attachments

• IMG_20241025_105324.jpg
    IMG_20241025_105324.jpg
    979.7 KB · Views: 30
Nice one!

We have one of those feeders on our front window as well. Very fun to watch. We've never had a Blue Jay visit it yet though.

blue jays are nature's bullies. Don't know why but they are...!
I've always heard that but have never observed it. They're bigger and louder than most of the birds at the feeders, but I've not seen them being aggressive to the other birds. (I'm not meaning to argue, just saying what I've seen.). The most interesting interaction I've ever had with one was when a BlueJay came and squawked at our front door until we came outside, and he then proceeded to sit on a branch and squawk. We finally figured out there was a blacksnake below him, and when we moved the snake out of the area, the Bluejay flew off and went back to whatever it is they do.

I've always heard that but have never observed it. They're bigger and louder than most of the birds at the feeders, but I've not seen them being aggressive to the other birds. (I'm not meaning to argue, just saying what I've seen.). The most interesting interaction I've ever had with one was when a BlueJay came and squawked at our front door until we came outside, and he then proceeded to sit on a branch and squawk. We finally figured out there was a blacksnake below him, and when we moved the snake out of the area, the Bluejay flew off and went back to whatever it is they do.
I only say that because when I put the feeders out here there are many different of birds that show up. But the blue jays when they arrive drive away the other birds and do their best to "hog" the area. Maybe it depends what food is put out.... just sunflower seeds or a blend of other stuff. Don't know. But I've observed them being meanies....!!!!!

When i seen your posting title I thought HOW in the world did you get MY PICTURE LOL

WHen i see you folks post pictures of your little friends it makes me smile to see them THANK YOU !!!

Funny, I put out sunflower seeds & peanuts for the squirrels. The Jay's will swoop down and grab every peanut if I'm not there guarding them. They don't touch the sunflower seeds.

Funny, I put out sunflower seeds & peanuts for the squirrels. The Jay's will swoop down and grab every peanut if I'm not there guarding them. They don't touch the sunflower seeds.
You ARE A GOOD PERSON !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back