All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Westchester park big metal.jpg
    Westchester park big metal.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
  • Westchester gun part?.jpg
    Westchester gun part?.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 120
Looks like an old pistol grip. It looks like a wooden grip off an old colt. If it is metal it could be the same thing, but a decorative add on from Mexico. The very top hole was where a medallion was secured. Of the four lower holes, the top was where the grip was secured by a screw to the frame. The other object appears to be part of a rifle barrel. Two minor suggestions. Please buy a meter/yardstick and take a picture that shows the objects clearer than your athletic shoes. Thanks... Would also help to know about where these were found.

Upvote 0
The long thing is a window weight. Used inside the frame to help hold the window up when opened in old homes.

Upvote 0
The long thing is a window weight. Used inside the frame to help hold the window up when opened in old homes.

You nailed the window weight I was going to guess that or a counter weight for a Grand father clock.

Upvote 0
“Sash weight”, my old brain cells couldn’t pull that word out of the useless cluster floating around in there.

Upvote 0
Thanks! I have never heard of a sash weight or a window weight. It is really heavy. Found at an old house site.

Upvote 0
Thanks! I have never heard of a sash weight or a window weight. It is really heavy. Found at an old house site.

Yep,pretty common around older homesteads.I once had a site that produced over 25 of em!!!House had a lot of windows I guess!

Upvote 0
Kuger, you missed one. :laughing7: They always came in pairs, one on each side of the window. If they didn’t, the window would get cocked and jammed.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back