Hand dredges

Parts is parts. If you have good access to them you can save about $50. I haven't done it but they do have their applications. One video on Youtube showed a guy pumping right into his crash box/sluice and looked like it was working well for him. I did see another where a guy used racquet balls as valves but it's been awhile and I don't have the link. Youtube as well.

good luck

Im thinking the same thing. Ive been checking on building me a 2" mini dredge that I can take apart and use right on the bank. Ive been making my blue print for it and if I do it right I could save quite a bit of $$$. Research is key to determing whether you would be better of building one or buying one. Good luck and hope to see what you come up with.

So I'm trying to figure out if i should make my own hand dredge or buy one. I'm trying to get one that pumps strait into a bucket or better yet my sluice. Anyone have any luck with a diy job? Or is it worth the money to buy one that is advertised. The only thing that worries me is the swinging check valve.

Even if you build it yourself I would recommend getting the check valves from Gold N Sand
You can either buy the complete unit from Gold N Sand or build it from scratch like I did...........
handdredge.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back