Hand carved Italian pink marble bust. HELP! NEED INFO! Trying to return to artists family.

Briangood1

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2024
20240812_094115.jpg
TreasureNet 🧭 The Original Treasure Hunting Website
B

"Creepy head" or "Beautiful Sculpture"​

Unwatch
•••
B

Briangood1

Newbie​

A friend's brother passed away and she asked me to help clean out his house to sell. Mostly junk and trash. As we were finishing she told me "please take that creepy head and throw it in the dumpster"
I do not know why but I fell in love.
The "creepy head" is a gift the brother received from an Au Pair that his company provided to him. All I could gather was the Au Pair was from Italy and said that it was hand carved and we couldn't figure out what area of Italy.

The head weighs about 50 lbs. It's pink marble. There are no signatures or markings that I could find. On the bottom you can see and feel the carving tool marks. It's beautiful. But the thing that I am amazed by is the face. It is as smooth as a designer piece of silk. When you look at it at first I saw a "baby with their mouth open as if waiting for a pacifier". Then, I looked again and I saw "an older man with a disappointed frown". To see the man look at the baby's top lip and make it a frown.

Someone please help me figure out where to start to figure out what and where this sculpture is from. I would love to return it to the rightful owners.

TIA Brian!

Community platform by XenForo® © 2010-2024 XenForo Ltd.

Attachments

• 20240812_094117.jpg
    20240812_094117.jpg
    673.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 1723762771522.gif
    1723762771522.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 8

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back