Frank215

Greenie
Mar 29, 2020
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Mine lab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these about 11” down on a tiny Secluded beach along a Maryland river. Well known for Indians , war of 1812 , John smith. The ring looks to be hand carved made of copper Mabe size 8ish and I’m not sure what the flat button is made out of. The shank is copper for sure. If any one can identify these and the age would be so nice FE2A0EF1-B4B7-450C-87EA-D17B27D9B6EC.jpegFE2A0EF1-B4B7-450C-87EA-D17B27D9B6EC.jpegFE2A0EF1-B4B7-450C-87EA-D17B27D9B6EC.jpegE1A1286F-1964-41F2-AEE7-A4AE3EF0C552.jpeg

Outstanding find... You got something there... I would definitely go back ASAP.

Well done... and wish I could shed some light on the ring for you... but it would be hard pressed to pinpoint any real date on it.

Take my advice... get back to same spot and work it hard.

Post your finds. :)

Upvote 0
I think the button looks 1780’s-90’s or so?
But the ring appears to have markings inside, does it not? They would go a long way in identifying the era, if so.

Upvote 0
I have looked hard on the inside of ring can’t find anything

Upvote 0
From the pic the button looks tombac, mid-late 1700s.
The ring is super cool. My guess would be around the early to mid 1800s but it's hard to tell.

Upvote 0
G.A.P. metal's suggestion of a Jesuit ring is a good possibility looking at the Google search he posted.

Upvote 0
The only way you are gonna even remotely kinda get a "reading" on this is to dig... and dig more... and then... dig some more.

The future finds will begin to paint the story in other words... and PERHAPS it will begin to nail down a time period.

For example... if coins are found... these dates will play part... especially if there is a "cut off" period (s).

Upvote 0
Wow good info to work with thats really cool rip into that place like a monkey on a cupcake

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back