Gun parts.

I miss my old camera.

Attachments

• LULZ.JPG
    LULZ.JPG
    294.9 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 0
Well I don't know about the top one off hand, but you have a nice old butt plate there, and a fairly common style lock plate. They could be from a flintlock, but they could also be from a percussion or early cartridge gun. I'll look around and see if I can find a match to the decoration on the butt plate for you. Were these all found together?

Upvote 0
The one with the hole in it might be the finial part of a cap box, the lid would be missing. They were inletted into the butt stocks of muzzleloading rifles. The early ones on flint locks were called patch boxes, but the small ones on percussion rifles were for storing caps.

Upvote 0
The lock plate on the bottom, if I am seeing it right, looks like it would be on the left side. If so it will more than likely be for a double barrel shotgun. I cant tell if I am looking at the inside or outside, looks like the outside to me here in Arkansas...d2

Upvote 0
Thx for the replies. They were found within a 10' by 10' square area. It's a spot that was used as a trash pit for the people that lived were I am at. Yes d2 it is the outside and I've had a hunch it may be from a db shotgun. I'll monkey around with my camera a bit more. Thx for looking.

Upvote 0
The lock plate on the bottom, if I am seeing it right, looks like it would be on the left side. If so it will more than likely be for a double barrel shotgun. I cant tell if I am looking at the inside or outside, looks like the outside to me here in Arkansas...d2

I was thinking that too. It looks like it could very well have been an old double barrel. You might try the vinegar treatment on it, but I'm guessing any markings are long gone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Man I just love invisible guns. How awesome is that! What day's on here has Monty trolling?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh crap They hate it when a poster leaves a post!!111!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back