Greetings from NeTX

Texcollex

Tenderfoot
Jul 3, 2024
...hard for me to find a place to detect near where I live, though. Any tips?
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at FORUM: TEXAS for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Hi,

I found the forums when searching for some info on a coin comparitor I want to set up for penny sorting. Maybe I'll dust off one of my old detectors, too. It's hard for me to find a place to detect near where I live, though. Any tips?
Welcome to Tnet lots of help on here :)

Hi,

I found the forums when searching for some info on a coin comparitor I want to set up for penny sorting. Maybe I'll dust off one of my old detectors, too. It's hard for me to find a place to detect near where I live, though. Any tips?
Yeah... If it's been a while, or you've not detected there before, make yourself acquainted with State & Local legalities (laws, permits, restrictions...)

Try to locate a MD club in your area. Even if clubs aren't your thing, it's another way to network with other detectorists, and get input/tips. Same goes for MD dealers.

If you haven't already, google: metal detecting in Texas
Also try the archives: https://www.treasurenet.com/search/1838143/?q=texas&c[title_only]=1&o=relevance

Last edited:
Check if it is allowed to metal detect school grounds, parks and churches in your area. Also, visit the nearest library and look in the local history section and talk to the librarians. Always get permission to hunt private property. Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back