Green River Again

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone, Decided to go out this evening for about 1.5 hrs with my son. We went back to a wooded area were we had some luck just recently. Got a nice old token. I have a few of these or so. They are from the 1930's. Grounds were terrible on this token. Was about 9 inches deep and rang in nicely.

Bare with me on the pics also. My son decided to plop down on the scanner the other day and shattered the glass. So I'm down to a half a scanner at the moment. I will get a new one here real soon.

Did get one wheat and a little over 2.00 in clad. Just wanted to get out. Been having some headphone problems. Need to get a new set I think. The woods really beats them up.

Thanks for looking

Jeremy

Attachments

• Green River.jpg
    Green River.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 394
  • Green River Back.jpg
    Green River Back.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 396
  • Green River Back 1.jpg
    Green River Back 1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 457
  • Green River Back relics 1 edited.JPG
    Green River Back relics 1 edited.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 443
  • Green River Back relics edited.JPG
    Green River Back relics edited.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 453
Upvote 0
Looks Like You Had Fun.

It's a Pain When Headphones Start Crackling.
I hope You Get It Taken Care Of Soon.
Not Too Many Days Left this Year.

Congrats on the Finds.

Jeff

Really great stuff Jeremy!

And the pics....on half a scanner? How'd you do that? :P

Nana ;)

Nice finds nine inches deep wow...................

I know what you mean. I have been fighting my headphones for a while and finally gave it up. Brian, at Southern Treasures offers super deals on Killer B's, all guaranteed for life. Sweet deal!!!

Good finds, good luck with the hp and the scanner.

Good stuff!

HH

Lonewolfe

Thanks everyone. It wasn't easy Nana. It sucked to tell you the truth. I had to tape up the fractured part of the glass leaving me with just the other half that is good. Then I have to resize and cut them so none of the bad part show's. Don't you just love kids.

I'll keep my son as a helper. Just wish he would grow out of the stick and rock throwing age. I must yell 200 times while I'm hunting. He loves to riddle my brother and his detector. He knows better than to mess with me. But at the same time I am doing more refereeing than detecting. It's amazing I can still make finds with him on certain days.

He's a awesome little treasure hunter. He should be he has more than a few thousand hrs in the field at the age of 4. I'm gonna get him set up here in a few more years or so. He knows coins coming out of the ground. I let him be the first to hold them when he wants to.

Gonna buy a good pair of head phones. I wonder how much of a difference it will make over my cheap 50.00 dollar pair. Thanks for the link on the headphones.

Thanks again

Jeremy

Yes, a green river whiskey token. It is the most famous of the turn of the century merchant tokens. It is also known as a spinner token. Try it on a table and you will see why. Good find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back