Green glass lens??

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster and MXT, sluice
Angled base. Rounded base area. Torpedo shaped. No threading internal or external. IMG_0984.JPGIMG_0985.JPGIMG_0986.JPGLooks to have an area for a spring clip retainer to hold in place. Is too light a green for navigation lights. Possibly bicycle light lens?? 2.25 base. 2.25-3 in height

Unable to find anything. Help would be appreciated.

Ya know, it could be a cap for some sort of decanter or carboy, just missing a rubber or cork seal inside.

Upvote 0
I posted your pictures on an insulator info site, didn’t get a positive ID yet but the consensus is that it screams French glass. I also learned that many foreign insulators were pressed without threads and the threaded piece was made of a composite material that was inserted hot and then cooled, most collectors dissolve it out with muratic acid. Also the angled base skirt indicates that it would go on an angled side pin and would facilitate rain water run off.

Upvote 0
Fits an old bycycle there wss chrome in tbe area where its slotted nice relic

Upvote 0
Did you ask the person selling it where they got it could be a lens from one of those little carnival rides lol

Upvote 0
Sorry about the delay in responding. The person I bought it from had no clue as to its origins either. Still haven’t nailed it down yet. Thanks for the ideas. I’ll keep looking.

Upvote 0
Sorry to dig up an old thread. I recently was given blue ones! Look identical... but cobalt blue. Any new ideas on the origins?

Attachments

• IMG_3132.JPG
    IMG_3132.JPG
    982.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3133.JPG
    IMG_3133.JPG
    767.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3134.JPG
    IMG_3134.JPG
    813.1 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions