Great hunt today with a TN member

here4themoney

Mar 3, 2015
SE Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold - White's Prizm IV - BountyHunter Quick Draw II - BountyHunter Pioneer 101 - Compass Judge
Garrett Pro Pointer - Gold Pans and Sluices
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I finally got together with a member here at TN that I been comunicating with about going on a hunt with. I got a tip from a guy at a park I was hunting a few days ago, he told me that I should really go hunt this other park, that he has found old coins just laying on the ground. I have learned to always follow up on tips so thats the place I picked to meet up with my new friend from TN.

And wouldn't ya know it, I actually did find an old coin on the surface , I had to part the grass to see it, but there it was a 1922 Peace Dollar! The rest of the hunt I was searching with my eyes as much as I was with the detector. but neither of us found anything else like that on the surface, but we did both find silver rings and lots of clad, he found 2 wheats that were in the teens and only 2 inches down. I also found a 2 Pence piece 1971 a dog ID and the usual bottle caps and pull tabs.

But what a hunt , 1922 peace Dollar ,, It's hard to think of a scenario that would end up with that being recently dropped, but I wonder if it was part of an easter egg hunt or something, it does not appear to have been there long.

april10hunt (1).jpgapril10hunt (2).jpgapril10hunt (3).jpg

Upvote 10
Great finds. That Peace Dollar is breath taking. Send some time east to good ole VA....Brad

Wow...that's bizarre, yea, its not like its been sitting there for 90 years.:dontknow:

Wow...that's bizarre, yea, its not like its been sitting there for 90 years.:dontknow:
it was really bizarre , especially after I was told to go there because he found old coins just laying on the ground and then I do just that.. There was remnants of Easter egg shells around the park, I really think that someone might have hid it in one , maybe it was known one egg had a silver dollar, but some real little kid got it and dropped it , who knows, it's a head scratcher. The guy I went with ended up with 2 Cub Scout tie holders. Maybe it was a Cub Scout Easter egg hunt.. hmm I could go crazy trying to figure it out.

Sweet peace dollar! Haven't found one yet myself [emoji106]

Nice peace dollar. If I could find coins like that without a detector, I would sell my detector, and take up walking/hiking as a hobby.

Nice peace dollar. If I could find coins like that without a detector, I would sell my detector, and take up walking/hiking as a hobby.
lol , right.. I did find it with the detector though, I didn't eye ball it, but I didn't have to dig it was covered by grass. It gave a VDI of 99 and 00 on the AT Gold , usually that means big metal like a smashed can or big hunk of iron it's an overload signal I think. But once I parted the grass it was right there.

Thanks everyone :)

Welcome to the Silver Dollar Club ! That's an unusual situation - finding collectibles on the surface (Maybe a seeded hunt was held there )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back