Grayson County Pilot Grove Legend

. My whole life we have found very old artifacts in the ground. You can literally walk our land and look down and pick up some kind of very old artifact from the past. Old medicine bottles completely intact. Hundreds of marbles. Very old locks. We have quite a collection of stuff we’ve found. The feud, the treasure legend has been so interesting to me my whole life. I have a copy of the book about the feud murder at the four corners. If anyone is interested I would totally let yall explore our land. When I was a kid I took my 22 rifle and would explore the whole area for miles. I pretty much know the whole area. If interested my email is [email protected]

Yes please, I'm trying to build up my research skills. If you'd like to send me a PM, we can hopefully establish a bit of dialogue to see what I might be able to contribute at first and down the road. I saw your other post about this and though I'm not equipped yet, I'm likely in the market for a good used inflatable boat, 2-4 person. Due to Texas laws regarding navigable waters, I believe it will be a nice resource to have in the future. May acquire by the end of July, not really sure yet. However, getting started is really appealing to me if I can help. Thanks.
If you want to search some of pilot grove I can help. Lived here since I was born in 1991. Our land is littered with old artifacts from the past. Old bottles hundreds of marbles tons of old artifacts. I’ve known about the feud and the treasure legend my whole life. Also I know some remote areas out here. I pretty much know every inch of pilot grove. Explored the whole area growing up. My email is [email protected]

I've been going up there for years. Permission will be very difficult! Even with the connections I do have, I still have only a very tentative 'maybe' that I've been waiting on. Shoot me a PM and we can talk about stuff if you want.
I’m a native of pilot grove. I’ve heard the legends my whole life. Do you have info on exact areas of places. I live across the road of the two cemetery’s in pilot grove and would love to know the locations of historical sites. Also I can gain access to almost everywhere in the pilot grove area. As a kid I explored the entire area traveling through the creeks. I know the entire area.

If you want to search some of pilot grove I can help. Lived here since I was born in 1991. Our land is littered with old artifacts from the past. Old bottles hundreds of marbles tons of old artifacts. I’ve known about the feud and the treasure legend my whole life. Also I know some remote areas out here. I pretty much know every inch of pilot grove. Explored the whole area growing up. My email is [email protected]
I remove you local address, it is not good to give your personal address on open forum with world wide access, there are hundreds of visitors a day here that do not register but do read so you are giving your address to thousands of people.

If you want someone to detect or search with you have them contact you via IM here or your email....

I’m a native of pilot grove. I’ve heard the legends my whole life. Do you have info on exact areas of places. I live across the road of the two cemetery’s in pilot grove and would love to know the locations of historical sites. Also I can gain access to almost everywhere in the pilot grove area. As a kid I explored the entire area traveling through the creeks. I know the entire area.
Hi, Do you or anyone else know of any treasure stories around Kentucky Town tx. from when Quantrills Raiders wintered there? I know Frank James, Bloody Bill and the Youngers were with them at the time with around 100 or little over soldiers with three other camps in the general area. I own an old house within a few miles that’s been around a while with some history and you never know.
Thanks,
Mike

Hi, Do you or anyone else know of any treasure stories around Kentucky Town tx. from when Quantrills Raiders wintered there? I know Frank James, Bloody Bill and the Youngers were with them at the time with around 100 or little over soldiers with three other camps in the general area. I own an old house within a few miles that’s been around a while with some history and you never know.
Thanks,
Mike
Thanks,
Mike
One interesting thing I figured out and not yet explored because of the water level is I believe a cave is under my house. At one time I believe the limestone opening was ground level and the well bricks were added with the dirt to level the house site. It’s four feet of bricks underground then four feet of limestone then ten feet to the bottom. The water level was close to the top now dropping. I will try pumping it down soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0583.jpeg
    IMG_0583.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0584.jpeg
    IMG_0584.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0578.jpeg
    IMG_0578.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0384.jpeg
    IMG_0384.jpeg