Gravity dredging idea

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok so I know I've been posting a lot about gravity dredging lately but now I've got an idea and I'm not sure if it would work or not. I've been using just a 50ft length of 3 inch hose to gravity dredge and it works pretty good. I heard something about somebody putting a Y in their setup and running two lengths of hose. Would that make double the suction??

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo less and 100 X the plugups-keep it simple and prosper-

Hoser John said:
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo less and 100 X the plugups-keep it simple and prosper-

Ok thanks! Glad I asked first before trying it!! =]

Now has anyone tried dredge hose and corrugated pipe? Does real dredge hose work a lot better? I'm upgrading to 50ft of 3 inch dredge hose next week because I'm tired of having to shake the material out of the corrugated stuff after I'm done. There's not much left in it when in done but I'm still worried gold will get caught in there somewhere an ill never get it out.

I was thinking about sections of pipe clamped together for much more thorough cleanout with less shaking. Or maybe same amount of shaking but should be able to remove all contents

I went dredging today and I'm using big-o corrugated pipe and I kept getting it plugged up. I think rocks get stuck easier because of the riffles in it. Then it takes forever to locate where the rock is stuck because the pipe isn't clear.

and breakable

pvillehunter said:
and breakable

Yeah the stuff I'm using has a ton of pinhole leaks in it. When I fill it up water sprays out in all directions all the way down the pipe.. I've only used it maybe 4 times.. I guess you get what you pay for.

The answer is to your question is no.

It's heith you need to make more presure so maybie a longer hose if it gets higher by being further up the river or stream .
The pipe your using could be hurting you thou, corrugated pipe does not flow well ,
It creates a lot of turbulence inside the pipe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back