All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• front star.jpg
    front star.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 245
  • back star.jpg
    back star.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 229
Thanks Diggit for the info and good hunting...

No problemo. That's the second one of those I have seen on this site recovered in MI in the past month. Giant056 found one a while back.

Sweet find.

Upvote 0
Very Nice save, Gar Medals seem to be hard to find in Michigan.
Here is part of one that I picked up this Spring.
Michigan Veterans Ass'n 006-700.jpg
Happy Hunting
Kevin

Upvote 0
I am going to hit another old swimming hole today. The old dock is just about gone and a lot of weeds.
The old Homesteads are all but grown over this time of year, to hard to hunt.
Life is good here. I just have not had much luck lately.
Happy Hunting Rob
Kevin

Upvote 0
There is also a serial number on the edge of the badge which will give you an approximate date of when the medal was issued, I did find a database last summer that said what the dates were when you looked up a close number to the serial on the medal and compared it with the chart. The one that I found was issued in the 1880's. The year before I found eagle part a souvenir badge for the 1899 national meeting, the bottom half of my souvenir is supposed to be a liberty bell but I never did find that part :BangHead:

Upvote 0
I am going to hit another old swimming hole today. The old dock is just about gone and a lot of weeds.
The old Homesteads are all but grown over this time of year, to hard to hunt.
Life is good here. I just have not had much luck lately.
Happy Hunting Rob
Kevin
I know all about the to thick to hunt, time for schools ,parks or water, Good Luck and Good hunting...

Upvote 0
There is also a serial number on the edge of the badge which will give you an approximate date of when the medal was issued, I did find a database last summer that said what the dates were when you looked up a close number to the serial on the medal and compared it with the chart. The one that I found was issued in the 1880's. The year before I found eagle part a souvenir badge for the 1899 national meeting, the bottom half of my souvenir is supposed to be a liberty bell but I never did find that part :BangHead:
Thanks Giant for the info I had seen the numbers on the edge will check into finding that data base. I know the one with the star on the liberty bell to bad you couldn't find the bell part that would have been a nice find. Well good hunting and stay cool sounds like it's going to warm up this weekend.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back