Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

OK so I get into the field where I dug the Civil War ID disc and we pounded it to death and dug a pile of coins. Ended up with three nickels myself (two shields and a V), and shangalang ended up with two more. Here's one that had washed out from the rain:

IMG_1569.JPEG IMG_1571.JPEG

I got a late date Indian cent:

IMG_1587.JPEG

We actually had a two large cent day, which NEVER happens down here--two dug in a year is a lot of LC's. His Largie has no discernible date, and mine looks like 1840 or 1846.

IMG_1572.JPEG IMG_2538.JPG

I also got a nice 1876-CC Seated Dime, which is my first CC-mint Seated ever!

IMG_1579.JPEG IMG_1580.JPEG IMG_1582.JPEG

IMG_2539.JPG IMG_2540.JPG

So that was a highlight--as well as the creepy, giant porcelain finger I found :laughing9:

fingered.JPG

Was pleased to find a few trade beads as well, and one Goodyear 1851 hard rubber button:

IMG_2543.JPG IMG_1586.JPEG IMG_2542.JPG

BUT the real highlight of this hunt was digging my first ever three cent piece! (Haven't dug a silver one yet, but there's always hope down here for the lone New Orleans minted trime!)

I totally thought this was a button. It read sooooo low on the F75, and in the end of a row with some can slaw in it. 1870 Three Cent Nickel:

IMG_1575.JPEG IMG_2536.JPG IMG_2537.JPG

Have a great day and Happy Hunting!

-Buck and the CaneField Bandits

Upvote 40
Congrats Buck! Looks like you had a great deal of hunting. I've never come across a three center before. Very cool recovery!

I'm stoked that it was actually identifiable--and even had a date!

It's really interesting that large cents are a rarity in your area though it has plenty of history. That CC is amazing and in great condition. You weren't kidding about the finger part! Haha! 3 cent nickels are super hard to find as well so congrats on it all!

Wow, nice job on tons of great stuff. LCs, CC dime, 3 cent nickel. What's not to love? Keep them coming!

WOW what an awesome hunt! Congrats :icon_thumleft:

I would go back and find the rest of the statute, I have a suspicion that could be the most valuable thing in the field. Artifacts seem to command more value.

I was a little confused by the title of the thread. I thought someone got to third base with you. :laughing7:

Amazing hunt. Congratulations!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back