Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

OK so I get into the field where I dug the Civil War ID disc and we pounded it to death and dug a pile of coins. Ended up with three nickels myself (two shields and a V), and shangalang ended up with two more. Here's one that had washed out from the rain:

IMG_1569.JPEG IMG_1571.JPEG

I got a late date Indian cent:

IMG_1587.JPEG

We actually had a two large cent day, which NEVER happens down here--two dug in a year is a lot of LC's. His Largie has no discernible date, and mine looks like 1840 or 1846.

IMG_1572.JPEG IMG_2538.JPG

I also got a nice 1876-CC Seated Dime, which is my first CC-mint Seated ever!

IMG_1579.JPEG IMG_1580.JPEG IMG_1582.JPEG

IMG_2539.JPG IMG_2540.JPG

So that was a highlight--as well as the creepy, giant porcelain finger I found :laughing9:

fingered.JPG

Was pleased to find a few trade beads as well, and one Goodyear 1851 hard rubber button:

IMG_2543.JPG IMG_1586.JPEG IMG_2542.JPG

BUT the real highlight of this hunt was digging my first ever three cent piece! (Haven't dug a silver one yet, but there's always hope down here for the lone New Orleans minted trime!)

I totally thought this was a button. It read sooooo low on the F75, and in the end of a row with some can slaw in it. 1870 Three Cent Nickel:

IMG_1575.JPEG IMG_2536.JPG IMG_2537.JPG

Have a great day and Happy Hunting!

-Buck and the CaneField Bandits

Upvote 40
I found one site that had a few in it but none before or since. Im sure it will stay on most everyones bucketlist. Congrats

Nice hunt, I really like the CC dime and trade beads!

Steve

nice digs!!!

Nice post, as always. Congrats on the LCs. That CC dime looks really nice.

Best of luck to all of you.

Congrats on a first, & the '76 look nice!

I was hoping to see some kind finger in the pics somewhere!! Had me worried :tongue3: Congrats on the III center and the CC :icon_thumright:

What search term should I use to find a "square rule" that you have some of your finds in? Sorry to be slightly off topic.

Thanks

Nice job on the coins BB. I'm still looking for a 3 cent piece myself. Your CC Seated looks to be in great shape.

sweet! congrats yet once again on the awesome finds. you have been killing it for a long time

Nice three cent, congrats

Great hunt! Those 3 Cent nickels ring up low, like foil for me. LC and Seated, plus e finger, very cool! Congrats

Congrats Buck! Looks like you had a great deal of hunting. I've never come across a three center before. Very cool recovery!

Very nice relic and coin hunt! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back