Got an LC today

Lee43

Oct 29, 2006
East central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
I met up with Joe and Larry, I could not go in the AM when they started, when I got to them they were coming out of the corn field, they were wanting to hunt a bean field, so I say OK and off we go, they had dug no coins in the corn field. We went to a house site where I had got a Large cent, a couple of Indians and a Half Dime, The 3 of us hunted most of the afternoon, about noon till 4:30 or 5:00. I got lucky and got a 1889 Indian and a 1853 large cent, which is my 9th Large cent this year, I don't think I will get as many as last year, but I'll start again in January.(If you didn't know I like Large Cents) Thanks for looking..........Lee

Attachments

• 121008A.jpg
    121008A.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 667
  • 121008B.jpg
    121008B.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 618
Upvote 0
Very nice coins. I love those LC's.

Same here! I love large cents!!! I have never found one. Always bought them though!!! :thumbsup: I have 22 of them so far (Bought) Nice job on the large cent!!!! :thumbsup:

Ditto!! I have never found a large cent, found many Indians, but the large cent and seated liberty are my very favorites!! Great finds!! Good luck and great hunting!! Regards, Richard.

I'm gonna guess that you're a coin hunter. :P

Did you dig any relics today in addition to the beautiful Large Cent? If so, I'd love to see 'em.

Best Wishes,

Buck

Not to many relics in my part of the country..I do get to Virginia once or twice a year, going back to England again this year..Dug some goodies there last year.......Lee
I'm gonna guess that you're a coin hunter. :P

Did you dig any relics today in addition to the beautiful Large Cent? If so, I'd love to see 'em.

Best Wishes,

Buck
[/quote]

Lee43 said:
Not to many relics in my part of the country..I do get to Virginia once or twice a year, going back to England again this year..Dug some goodies there last year.......Lee

Ahhhh--relics are everywhere.  Musket triggerguards/lock plates/barrels, suspender clips, toe taps, buttons, bullets of various hunting calibers, lantern pieces, harmonica reeds, Victorian ornaments, glass bottles, pewter spoons....and the list goes on.

If you are in an area in a bean field (probably an old homestead) where you're finding coins like those, then relics like I listed are there as well--unless you have your machine set in coin mode.  95% of what I dig at sites like those is Not a coin--but that "junk" has paid for my equipment and gasoline many times over.  :wink:  The crusty Large Cents--not so much...

And contrary to popular belief there are some Good CW Eagle buttons in your area waiting for you to find them.   

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

Wow, that is a NICE 1853! Must have been dropped shortly after it was minted.

CONGRATULATIONS! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back