Jan 14, 2023

Attachments

• IMG_5770.jpeg
    IMG_5770.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5771.jpeg
    IMG_5771.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 31
Grandpa is 93 and no longer in his home, moved to nursing home. He wanted me to have some of his tools. I'm thinking of hanging this up in the house.
Absolutely! Those are great to pass along generationally. I have a similar draw knife. I used to make longbows with it. I have an old hammer and carpenter’s square from one of my grandpas. Very cherished items to me. I’m glad you received those.👍🏼

Absolutely! Those are great to pass along generationally. I have a similar draw knife. I used to make longbows with it. I have an old hammer and carpenter’s square from one of my grandpas. Very cherished items to me. I’m glad you received those.👍🏼
Yeah I love this stuff. People don't k ow how good they got it with modern tools. Those guys worked there butts off. He had an old 1800s musket but the others in family jumped on it before I even knew

Good stuff! That's a corn sheller. If you can find any markings on it I can tell you the age. It probably had a big flywheel with a crank which was replaced with the pulley to be driven by a hit & miss engine.

Last edited:
Good stuff! That's a corn sheller. If you can find any markings on it I can tell you the age. It probably had a big flywheel with a crank which was replaced with the pulley to be driven by a hit & miss engine.
Yes I knew that lol I meant Sheller, took the kernels off the cob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back