whatsit 2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 735
  • whatsit.jpg
    whatsit.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 738
  • whatsit 2 005.jpg
    whatsit 2 005.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 719
Its a feed for some sort of flat wick, aleast 5 sprockets feed something through it by turning the knob that use to be on the end of the shaft (shut yo mouth) Shaft ;D I believe it is open on the sides.

Upvote 0
The bottom picture has the teeth visibletop pictures are before I opened it.

Upvote 0
Edward said:
Its a feed for some sort of flat wick, aleast 5 sprockets feed something through it by turning the knob that use to be on the end of the shaft (shut yo mouth) Shaft ;D I believe it is open on the sides.

Sure resembles a wick advance (the teeth idea anyway) for a lantern or something... but what kinda thing would use a wick like that?

Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
Edward said:

Sure resembles a wick advance (the teeth idea anyway) for a lantern or something... but what kinda thing would use a wick like that?

I popped onto our friend Ebay and found a kerosene lamp called the Name Game Jr. made of cast iron with a wick about 4 inches wide. Must have used it as an auxiliary furnace when it got cold.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back