gorham sterling silver object

S

salvet66

my friend found this gorham silver" object" . i know it dates 1890 because of the rooster mark and it's definetely gorham mfg. co. because of the lion, anchor, and letter G, hallmark on the bottom. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IS WAS USED FOR? THANK YOU :) IT MEASURES 7/8 INCHES TALL AND 2 3/8 IN. ACROSS THE TOP AND BASE IS 1 3/4 IN. THERE IS ALSO A NUMBER 2390 ON BASE.

Attachments

• Scan034, January 31, 2005.jpg
    Scan034, January 31, 2005.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 293
OTHER PICS ARE OBVIOUSLY TOO LARGE OF FILES >:( BUT WAS THINKING THAT OR A VANITY ACCESSORY( LIKE JEWERLY HOLDER )

Upvote 0
Nice piece of silver. Great Find, Congrats ; jeff

Upvote 0
Hey Salvet66,

Send my your pictures in an email and I'll resize them for you and send you a link to them or email them back. I'd like to see the rest of the photos as I'm sure everyone else would like to also! :) I have all the software and equipment to handle the resizing job. I have a web server that i can post your pictures on in their original size and then you can link to them for your updated post.

Oh, the pictures I'm talking about are the one's you mentioned were too big of that silver object you found. Your post was dated January 31.

Let me know, I can help you out and then everyone can see the rest of the photos.

Rod

Upvote 0
aHH SORRY THE ITEM WAS A FRIENDS AND I DONT HAVE THE PICS. ANYMORE. HE SAID TO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT. WE THINK ITS A SALT CUP ANYWAYS.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back