✅ SOLVED Gorgeous Pictorial Watch Fob!! Need Help With ID

tokens70

Apr 9, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cibola, Explorer 2
Since I can't really get out and hunt myself because of back issues, I figured I would try to narrow down ID's on some the artifacts I purchased from my brother...really hope you guys don't mind:icon_thumright: I have this very ornate pictorial watch fob that appears to depict some kind of carnival/circus. It says MARION across the top with a blue enameled "32" between the R & I in MARION. I believe this is the year 1932. It is marked WHITEHEAD & HOAG Co.-NEWARK, N.J. Which I know was probably the top makers of fobs and all kinds of other advertising pieces. Really what I would like to know.....Where was this MARION circus/carnival, and when did it first start, and for how long? Thanks guys....Chris

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    340.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    336.2 KB · Views: 106
By the way.....I would just like to thank everyone who has taken the time to help me ID several other items I have posted recently. You guys have been GREAT!!!:occasion14: Thank you, Chris

Upvote 0
There is a Marion in New York being that is close to where that was made that might be a starting place for a search.But there are so many Marion (Illinois,Indiana)it could be a long search for this one.

Upvote 0
Thank you BOTB & BD:occasion14: Thanks for the link. I will try to find out more info through that, but it sure seems to be an exact match...makes perfect sense:thumbsup: Thanks again..Chris

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back