Gordy Lighter, & Something, I have not a clue ;)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Gordy Lighter, & Something, I have not a clue ;)

Hey all,
Haven't been finding any thing old lately, just a few 40's wheaties, and this piece of an old pocket knife...
Found the Jeff Gordon lighter just under the grass, the flint was still working, so I stuck some fluid in it,, it works great.
Also found the pipe just below the surface. Anyone keep the pipes they find, or do ya just toss them out...
I don't think they can get for having them if the is no residue inside ???
I think I'll add it to the collection of junk items...
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

Attachments

• Gordon.JPG
    Gordon.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 312
Upvote 0
Re: Gordy Lighter, & Something, I have not a clue ;)

I'm not so sure. A pipe store in Portsmouth NH was raided by the cops back when I was living near there a couple years ago. So I'd check to see! Of course if it was ever found in your possession along with a bunch of dirty coins and rusty nails, I'm sure they'd probably believe you when you said you found it :)

That Looks Like it may be a CHAMBER PIPE. you may wanna Open the Chamber & make shure there is nothing inside it.

? ? ? ? NOT THAT I'D KNOW THO' . just a guess?
? ? ? ? ? ?I think I read that in a Book somewhere Back in the Early 70's.......................................... ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? jeff

I found one of those pipes on the beach about 6 weeks ago - was kinda scared to have it in my possesion so I chunked it immediatly. Not sure about the laws with that sort thing and didn't want to take a chance. Interesting find though.

;D Jeff you think it might be blocked with a chunk or something? ;D. Leon found one just like that in a park,did not have the black on the stim. Bleached it out and kept with the finds.HH

UGGHHH I'd Keep it......with the rest of my treasures.Oh and I never inhaled. LOL

GET RID OF THE PIPE!!!

I'm a L.E.O., and you DON"T want to get caught with that, residue or no. That pipe has one purpose and one purpose only. DITCH IT!

Great finds nonetheless! I've been wondering how long it would be before I found one, but I guess I get lucky and only find them when I'm working! ;D

Beetle, I asume the laws differ from state to state becouse in Tenn, all the tobacco stores carry all sorts of pipes and stuff that you know is not made for Prince Albert. Is this the case?

I'd keep it. Its unique and will someday be a part of our history. If worried about trouble, you could fill it with cement or morter or maybe some of that foam in a can stuff so there is no question about it's present use. Nice lighter.

Do you have any reason to Fear being Raided for Drugs ?

I would Hope Our Country hasn't deteriorated to the point , that If police got wind you had an "Antique" Pipe in your Home that they would send "NAZI STORMTROOPERS" to Raid you. just for that

Funny finding the lighter and the pipe.Chumps right.If u want to keep it,make it unusuble.If it was a really old one id keep it.Randy

Cool finds Leon, I agree with Jeff it's a chamber pipe. You should check too see if there's anything in there that you may, or may not want in your possession.

kenb

Ha.. It's funny, up here there are head shops in every fleamarket.. Paraphernalia doesn't seem to be a legal problem.. Of course, unlike Jeff I don't remember the 60's OR 70's so I must have been there..Or so I've been told ;D

If there is residue, then you can just burn it out of there. I'll let you determine the best way to do that. HH

If it's not illegal to have it in your area,....then what's the big deal?

Check to see if it's empty (the chamber that is) and then put it with our finds. If your worried about having it and getting into trouble, then leave it with the dirt in it and leave it in a jar with other "stuff" you've dug up.

Now, if it's illegal to have it in your area,....be smart, get rid of it. No reason to get in trouble over some old dirty pipe. I mean,...who know's who's mouth has been on that thing! Not that you'd use it,.....just the germs and stuff, Yuk!@

Rod

Nice finds there.... Leon. Build another one of those great looking display
cases, like the one you mounted your silver coins in and put the pipe in it.
Just remember to make it big enough to hold more treasures,from the FAR OUT 60's

HH BRINK

From all the replies on the pipe,,, It's a good thing it wasn't still smok'n... ;D
The pipe had some mud in the bowl, and also in the little end, but the center was empty. I don't think it was in the ground for long.
This is the second one I've found. I just put them in with all my other junk. Just thought I'd have some fun with it...
I'm pretty sure if your not using it for illegal perposes, they won't get ya for it... I know most of the small stores in the area sell them... Going out to try and find something interesting, and preferably old...
Good luck all,,,

Good luck to you Leon. Hope you find somethin' old like you want :)

Rod

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back