Good Will

dokc

Oct 24, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a large tornado come through here back in May that destroyed many homes and damaged a whole lot more. There is a large farm that has train rides, pumpkin patches, corn maze, petting zoo, barns and places for kids to play at that sustained quite a lot of damage. My daughter had her wedding there a couple of years ago and it was great! Well I saw on the news a few days after the tornado that they were going to reopen by the end of fall so I stopped in and gave them my name and number and told them I would be happy to search around the playground areas and places where kids would be and do what I could to get out any unseen dangers. Well, I didn't think I'd ever hear from them as I got "that look". They actually did call last week and said they were going to be putting out the mulch in the playgrounds and would I come out. Sure - I spent 3 hrs pulling out all kinds of junk. I took it up to the office and showed them and told them that I would like to come back out after they have reset the weed liners, pulled the weeds and remulched to make sure. I will be back out sometime next week to do a final clean out. Maybe they will have a good opinion of us now. I will mention that if anyone looses something out there they can call me and I can do a search for them. They have a few hundred people out on the weekends during nice weather.

Attachments

• mtd.JPG
    mtd.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 127
Upvote 1
some of that stuff looks like it could put the hurt on a kid. you done good

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Job well done. Did you find any keepers?

Anita

only a couple of dollars in clad and a tiny child's silver necklace. But I got some rusty nails out.

Don't mind saying how much I appreciate it. A wonderful thing to protect our most valuable resource (our children), and shed a VERY favorable light on our hobby. :notworthy:

Thank You !!! for looking out for the "wee ones" and looking out for the reputation of our amazing pastime !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back