ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The bad news is they are ALL plated! Three of them fooled me. When picking them up I really thought I scored. After checking them out at the truck I found all were junk with a capital J. The chain is marked 1/20th, one of the rings is marked 1/20th and one ring has an indian chief inside but no karat mark and the other has no markings. The ring with the holes in it is the only gold ring that didn't fool me. I don't look at my finds when I dig them. Just stuff them in my bag and check them after diving is over.

One of the ID bracelets has the Cub Scout emblem on it. Absolutely no silver or real gold. (One ring might be gold plated silver.

I did find a wheat cent though! YEA!! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

Upvote 20
Still cool to find so many rings. Here's to hoping your next ring is a honking half oz of 24K!

Nice outing Scuba. You may be getting my wife into finally wanting to metal detect. That other bracelet that says Linda is her name. If I would have known it would be that easy, I would have buried one for her to find years ago !

Sure does look impressive !! I dont doubt that youll have a post where its all silver and gold.

my wife got super excited when I dug up this big gold chain a few years back, it said 14 kt, made in Italy but it just didn't look right from the moment that I found it. a couple hours later and an acid test proved it was 100% JUNK! some of the plated rings can look so darn good in the plug or hole that your heart does get to thumping a little. I went a couple of years with no gold and then found three in one week, heck two in one day. but that is what makes this hobby so fun, the possibility of actually finding gold, silver, relics or other great history.

Dang man!

I hope that the next scoop holds the real deal sir.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back