Good Hunting today

Dirty Knees McGee

May 5, 2005
Sunny Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 w/ 6.5x9, 9x12, & EXcelerator 10x14 DD coils
I did pretty well today.? Lots of modern clad, dog tag, dart tip, and some cool stuff.? I found an old Boston subway token and 2 mercury dimes.? I also found at least 10 rounds of 38 special bullets, which I disposed of.? This area I searched has a reputation as a rough area, so I am not suprised to find the bullets under that bridge!!!? Anyways, happy hunting to all!!!

Attachments

• tokenmercurydescrip.jpg
    tokenmercurydescrip.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 333
  • stuff.JPG
    stuff.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 334
Upvote 0
Cool Finds

Attachments

• metal_det2.gif
    metal_det2.gif
    18.2 KB · Views: 339
  • metal_det2.gif
    metal_det2.gif
    18.2 KB · Views: 289
Nice finds Boston,Have ya tried to clean the Merc,s yet? Olmost look burnt.

Nope...thats a dart tip. I think that is the second one I have seen on the forum this week. All we need is somebody to find the third one and we can have a game!!! :)

Great digs!!!
I just have to ask, Where in the world did ya find those silvers? I don't think I have ever seen a silver dime so dark...
Salt water?, Fire?,,,
Good luck & Happy hunting~

I found them in a salt water area.? Its funny, everything that I have found on the beach/salt water areas around Boston that is silver is usually extremely black with tarnish and very difficult to clean.? Must be the right condition for major oxidation/tarnishing.? I wish they all came out nicely toned like the one I found at my parents house (inland location).? Picture doesn't do it justice... it is really gorgeous in person.

Attachments

• 1944merc.jpg
    1944merc.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 158

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back