Good day today!

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000-D, Garrett GTA-1000, Minelab Sovereign, XP Deus I, Equinox 800, XP Deus II
I got a solid 94 both ways on the Deus II, pulled out a 5" plug and still could not get a fix on it with the pinpointer. If you get a fix with the pinpointer, you know where to stick the trowel in so you don't hit it. But I went back in with the shovel, (and I knew better on a 94) and pulled out another 4" of dirt. The signal was in that 4", so I didn't have to go back in with the pinpointer, but it was too late. Even though I didn't hit it direct, the coin banged against the shovel while scooping it out. It was an 1877-CC Seated quarter, my 9th SQ ever.

A few feet from that, I got the 1882 IHP at 4" and the CWT was only 1.5" deep a few feet from those. The CWT is F-700E-2a MI with rarity R7. I got the old ones between the fence and the road. I think whoever hunted this before didn't go outside the fence. The rest of the yard turned up two wheats and a 1942 Merc along with clad and memorials. Not a bad yard for one that had already had all the wheaties and easy stuff cleaned out of it.

GEDC0183.JPGGEDC0184.JPG

Upvote 13
I got a solid 94 both ways on the Deus II, pulled out a 5" plug and still could not get a fix on it with the pinpointer. If you get a fix with the pinpointer, you know where to stick the trowel in so you don't hit it. But I went back in with the shovel, (and I knew better on a 94) and pulled out another 4" of dirt. The signal was in that 4", so I didn't have to go back in with the pinpointer, but it was too late. Even though I didn't hit it direct, the coin banged against the shovel while scooping it out. It was an 1877-CC Seated quarter, my 9th SQ ever.

A few feet from that, I got the 1882 IHP at 4" and the CWT was only 1.5" deep a few feet from those. The CWT is F-700E-2a MI with rarity R7. I got the old ones between the fence and the road. I think whoever hunted this before didn't go outside the fence. The rest of the yard turned up two wheats and a 1942 Merc along with clad and memorials. Not a bad yard for one that had already had all the wheaties and easy stuff cleaned out of it.

View attachment 2153852View attachment 2153853
love those saves and always appreciate the 1800s silver. wtg

Good finds for Michigan... Ur not far south of me.. Gotta get out more. Have to wonder how many sidewalks are getting tore up with the 131 rebuild down that way...

View attachment 2153852View attachment 2153853
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back