Golf related item??? Solved, cap for glue

SFHunter

Feb 1, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Solved, cap for glue tubes, see post 11 in this thread for link.
Hi Gang,

Found this in the park, it is Aluminum and has the initials SC (and then a real small O after the the C) on both sides

I thought that this could be a golf ball marker or maybe a one pronged divot tool, but I am not a golfer...

Any Ideas???

Attachments

• IMG_2371.JPG
    IMG_2371.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_2373.JPG
    IMG_2373.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_2374.JPG
    IMG_2374.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 548
Re: Golf related item???

Thats a neat little piece! And seemingly personalized just like a golf marker might be... But I thought those would lie flat, not stick up like a little signpost. ???

And I think divot things have two spikes...

Upvote 0

Yep, divot tools have two prongs. Ball lie markers have a flat top, with a much shorter prong/shaft. And it's not a tee. So maybe it isn't golf related afterall? Does it have a hole or slot on the prong portion, just below the head?

Upvote 0

I am not a golfer, so I was not sure, which was why I was asking.... It does not have any holes in the shaft, it does come to a point (well used point), and where it transform from shaft to flat it appears to have been pressed, so it is one piece.

It is some kind of marker that you stick into something, but what , I do not know.....

Thanks...

Upvote 0

Using my old magnifying glass, it appears that the "S" on the left and the letter on the right have something running through them? Is that what you see, also? Maybe if we can examine the design of the top portion we can get some clues about its purpose.

Upvote 0

TreasureTales said:
Using my old magnifying glass, it appears that the "S" on the left and the letter on the right have something running through them? Is that what you see, also? Maybe if we can examine the design of the top portion we can get some clues about its purpose.

When I zoom in on it.. it looks like a large letter M intertwined thru the SC. Saint Marys College??? no clue to what it is.

Upvote 0

mech(Da Bears!)tech said:
TreasureTales said:

When I zoom in on it.. it looks like a large letter M intertwined thru the SC. Saint Marys College??? no clue to what it is.

Agreed... S, M, C

Upvote 0

Looks like something designed to be turned with your fingers , like a tuning peg of some sort?

Upvote 0

I can't make out an "M", to me it looks like an "N" or a "U". But for the time being, let's agree that it's an "M". SFHunter says there is a small "o" after the "C", so what we have is M.S. Co. or S.M. Co. Good, we're getting somewhere. Since the "M" is dominate, I think that would indicate a last name, so maybe it's Sam Morgan Co. (a made-up name, not a real suggestion). Maybe if we knew where it was found-- city and place--we'd have another part to the puzzle.

Upvote 0

M? Golf Club?Used to clean the mud out of the grooves on the face of a golf iron. Monty

Upvote 0

Hi All,

It is the style of the lettering (the Font), that both the S and the C have a script running both of them. I am pretty sure it not an M or any other type of letting, more just like an extra stroke of fancy lettering...

I can try to scan a high res picture of it tonight and add it to the post...

Thanks!!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back