Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out to my favorite spot, and it didn't disappoint. Spent 5 hours in the water, and its absolutely beautiful both temperature and water clarity. Ended up doing pretty well. Got 6 rings, a gold braclet, a silver chain, a gold Louis Vuitton earring with diamonds, and all sorts of treasure, including a gold grill ! It's the first week of summer, and things are heating up.....cant wait to get back out there.....the last 2 hunts ive netted 10 rings total, 2 braclets, 1 chain, and plenty of earrings !! My favorite time of the year !!
20230621_070043.jpg
20230621_070139.jpg
20230621_070152.jpg
20230621_160235.jpg
20230621_070103.jpg
20230621_160235.jpg
20230621_163133.jpg

I'm not even sure if I got everything in the pic. The black object is a ships spike with wood still around it....I got a hit and dug down a foot. I came to a large ancient ships timber and this bronze spike was embedded in the soft wood !! An ancient ships timber below the sand of one of the most popular tourist spots. Happy hunting this summer everybody!! Wooo hooo !! Its getting better and better as summer heats up !!

Last edited:
Upvote 37
Yup its just my favorite time of the year....its so hot ya gotta get in, and it's so nice once your in that ya don't want to get out !! Gotta luv the summer !!

Wow!
You're gonna need suspenders on your shorts to pocket that! Even then , don't jump up and down. L.o.l..

Congrats!
I didn't expect the mix of age for some reason....
you're getting it though.

Wow!
You're gonna need suspenders on your shorts to pocket that! Even then , don't jump up and down. L.o.l..

Congrats!
I didn't expect the mix of age for some reason....
you're getting it though.
Okay R.C. .....let's see if I can explain some. So 290 years ago 2 spanish galleons from the 1733 fleet grounded and wrecked !! 290 years later the keys have become populated and the spot between these 2 galleons has become a popular off shore party spot. One of these galleons is less than one third of a mile from this popular spot, and this particular galleon was broken down for lumber to build a shelter ashore !! Im almost certain that this large timber was washed over from one of the 2 wrecksites. So this timber or wreckage has been laying there for hundreds of years !! Now 290 years later these timbers are several feet under the sand !! Sometimes once in awhile the sand gets blown off in the current, or by boat prop wash, and exposes these wood timbers.....they have a mix of bronze and iron fasteners and some are quite long !! @islamoradamark and I have seen them get exposed from time to time over the years. So, your hunting along for modern fresh drops, and boom....old shipwreck stuff pops up !! I have herd of treasure coins being found close by.....150 yards.....so anything is possible here !!

AG AU go you!! Love the grill and old timber with spike. Crazy all the things that may be buried out in the world.
Your not kidding.....im constantly amazed at the things that pop up out there....I think thats a big part of what I like about this hobby !! Anything is possible!!

What can you say...Wow! FANTASTIC FINDS!
Thank you scruggs.....it was slow in the spring, but the summer β˜€οΈ is heating up!!

Great digs and post... Well done Bart.
Thanks ARC....my favorite time of the year !! Water is warm and inviting!!

That is a great way of starting off your favourite season Bart, congrats of the bounty.:occasion14:

Thank you pepper.....let's hope it's just the beginning of a great summer !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back