Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A buddy dug a gold ring about 7” down near a cellar hole and sent me these pics to see if anyone knows anything about the hallmarks or style of ring it is. I seen it in person and his pictures don’t do it justice. The gold colour stops near the stone and the metal turns into a grey colour. Almost like it’s a harder metal to help protect the stone. A local jewelry seller believes it’s a real diamond. I want him to take it to get checked out but the jewellers around here want $100 just to look at it. Any help would be appreciated! [emoji16][emoji106]
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555700044.434549.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555700055.834455.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555700063.049850.jpg

Very cool. Looks good to me. The setting and the weight would make me think it’s a real diamond. Has a pinky ring look to it.

Upvote 0
That appears to be the real deal, the dents and dings in the band exhibit qualities of softer gold.... The white gold is palladium mixed with gold making it much harder and wear resistant along with reflecting more white light. The diamond should not exhibit signs of rounding or wear and the pics dont show the stone clear enough for me to tell for certain.

Upvote 0
That appears to be the real deal, the dents and dings in the band exhibit qualities of softer gold.... The white gold is palladium mixed with gold making it much harder and wear resistant along with reflecting more white light. The diamond should not exhibit signs of rounding or wear and the pics dont show the stone clear enough for me to tell for certain.

Thanks. Buddy is psyched with the find! [emoji16]

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back