GOLD PROSPECING IN MS?

Could start at the state line and work inward...

Or start in your own yard, the the neighbors, then the city park...

Thanks for the ideas! I've a few places to look for caches, and a spring back in my woods but I don't know if it would pan out. Got to try anyway.

Happy Hunting!!

David McMillan

Last edited:
David, what part of ms? Im in Memphis looking for some spots within 4 hours of here. Eyeing the big muddy.

Drive to NE Alabama...that's the best gold in MS!

In MS

Hi Gene,

I live Central Ms just out Ellisvillle, not too far from Hattiesburg.

David

Last edited:
I grew up in Missus Sip. I have thought hard about any places I ever saw quartz, or any type of bedrock. None that I know of in , warren or Lauderdale counties. Lots of red clay hills though. Best of Luck.

Speaking of warren county, though.....there was significant flooding ?last year? where the levees are, where the yazoo hits the big river. Maybe anything that washed south my have deposited on the banks. Lots of fishing goes on in that area. Maybe you wouldn't be too outta place to go check out the banks in a boat. I hear the river is still pretty low from the drought this year. I went to a picnic on a sand bar many years ago, when the river was low, and on one of the bars that was way up out of the water, there was a layer of dark sand. May just be silt, but hey, gotta check it out, right?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back