Gold panning in the Shenandoah valley

Sep 16, 2024
Hey guys I'm really new to this like brand new. I had a metal detector before and a rock collection as a kid. Long story short my father and I've always looked for and sought out antiquities of all sorts. I lost him recently and I found it too hard to stay at home so I sold my house and moved to the mountains. I still have that treasure hunter in me though now I'm geared more towards gemstones and gold. There's a few ponds on the property fed by small streams underground in Page county Virginia. My yard is basically full of junk and metal and I'm trying to keep this at zero cost if possible is there any household items say old hubcaps anything I can use for gold panning since I essentially have no skills at this as of yet?
Thank you in advance I need help is greatly appreciated

Hey guys I'm really new to this like brand new...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at FORUM: VIRGINIA for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Hey guys I'm really new to this like brand new. I had a metal detector before and a rock collection as a kid. Long story short my father and I've always looked for and sought out antiquities of all sorts. I lost him recently and I found it too hard to stay at home so I sold my house and moved to the mountains. I still have that treasure hunter in me though now I'm geared more towards gemstones and gold. There's a few ponds on the property fed by small streams underground in Page county Virginia. My yard is basically full of junk and metal and I'm trying to keep this at zero cost if possible is there any household items say old hubcaps anything I can use for gold panning since I essentially have no skills at this as of yet?
um , you know a good gold pan is only $ 8.46

I'd also add that you're outside the gold belt. you may find gold but it's unlikely.
1726520346134.png
https://www.bing.com/shop/productpage?q=garret+gold+trap&filters=scenario:"17"+gType:"12"+gId:"61214011937"+gIdHash:"0"+gGlobalOfferIds:"61214011937"+AucContextGuid:"0"+GroupEntityId:"61214011937"+NonSponsoredOffer:"True"&productpage=true&FORM=SHPPDP&browse=true

First thing . Watch videos, Buy a pan ,Purchase Gold Dirt online and
Practice panning.

I'm sorry to read about losing your father, what a lovely way to keep your memories alive. Welcome! Best of luck to you!

Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Sorry about the loss of your father. Good luck with your learning panning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back