Gold and silver in the water today!

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out to a beach today and got into the water. It was chilly at times, but for the most part it was a great day to get out!

I found $4.67 in clad, 3 junk rings, a 10k gold men's wedding band, a 10k gold ring with 2 blue stones (not sure what they are) and a pretty hefty .925 earring that was just a one way whisper on the machine in the soft sand. I knew it had to be something heavy to be that deep and 3 full scoops later out it came!

The two gold rings were loud booms and probably laying on top of the ground. The place still has some targets left there, but I probably won't have the chance to get back out there this year because it is pretty far away and I work a lot and the weather is starting to turn.

The clad and jewelry.
09-28-07.jpg

The trash.
09-28-072.jpg

The junk jewelry
09-28-073.jpg

The good jewelry before cleaning.
09-28-074.jpg

The good jewelry after cleaning.
09-28-075.jpg

3.1 grams sterling earring.
09-28-076.jpg

3.4 grams 10k gold.
09-28-077.jpg

Upvote 0
Now that is awesome Brian. Congratulations on a great day with silver and gold. Love seeing my good friends have great days, and I would certainly consider gold and silver as a great day.

Would have loved to have been in that chilly water as well. Would be a great change from sitting around here. Might have to find a swim hole this weekend and enjoy the water while I can. You post reminded me that I have not been in the water for 2 years now, and I sure do miss the water.

I guess the good news for me, that is if nothing bad happens I will be taking my daughter to Florida so she can see the ocean for the first time. We will probably go to the gulf side since I don't really care that much for the Atlantic. Perhaps we will get lucky and find a bit o gold or silver. If I hunt at all. I am really looking forward to my daughter getting to snorkle and enjoy the ocean for the first time. Perhaps she will get lucky and find a few nice sea shells as well.

Great job on the hunt Brian. Good to see you still pulling the good stuff out.

Doug

Postalrevnant said:
Now that is awesome Brian. Congratulations on a great day with silver and gold. Love seeing my good friends have great days, and I would certainly consider gold and silver as a great day.

Would have loved to have been in that chilly water as well. Would be a great change from sitting around here. Might have to find a swim hole this weekend and enjoy the water while I can. You post reminded me that I have not been in the water for 2 years now, and I sure do miss the water.

I guess the good news for me, that is if nothing bad happens I will be taking my daughter to Florida so she can see the ocean for the first time. We will probably go to the gulf side since I don't really care that much for the Atlantic. Perhaps we will get lucky and find a bit o gold or silver. If I hunt at all. I am really looking forward to my daughter getting to snorkle and enjoy the ocean for the first time. Perhaps she will get lucky and find a few nice sea shells as well.

Great job on the hunt Brian. Good to see you still pulling the good stuff out.

Doug

Yeah, it's nice to get out into the water. I just wish there was more water around here so I could get out more often. It certainly is a nice stress reliever.

You should have a lot of fun in Florida, especially your daughter since it will be her first time. I would go to the gulf side as well! I've always enjoyed it more than the Atlantic when I've gone in the past.

Also good luck finding some gold or silver while you are down there and hopefully some nice shells. I found a lot of nice ones last year, but it was on an island out in tampa bay and you can only get there by boat. Thankfully my Aunt and Uncle had one and invited out there with them!

Take care and good luck bud!

Nice job , Brian. Once you get hooked on water hunting, Summer is never long enough. Congrats....Joe

jopher said:
Nice job , Brian. Once you get hooked on water hunting, Summer is never long enough. Congrats....Joe

Exactly! Summer is never long enough and sadly in my area, there aren't enough beaches to hunt! Gotta move south I think!

Congrats Brian.
Some great finds. I've never tried water hunting yet. Looks like I'm missing the boat.
-MM-

Sweet haul of rings. I'm about to start water hunting, I've about got all the equiptment needed....and now winter is coming. GREAT fINDS!

Hard work pays off,congrats of the loot!

Nice hunting Brian,were you still at that same lake? My sisters class ring is out there somewhere :} We need to try and get together again,kent told me you dug some indians with him the other weekend,maybe we can hookup one night this week? Give me a shout...Shoot

Great job brother, Gotta love gold!!

Great little beach you got yourself there Brian. Any time you can pull silver and some gold up your having a good day. HH and I hope you can make it back over there at least one more time before winter closs in on you!

Desertfox

KirkPA said:
Where are the old coins that Big B used to find? ??? :D

I'm now busy every day with work and school. Combo that with a whole new area and no clue where old spots are yet and you get no old coins, haha.

bscofield6 said:
KirkPA said:

I'm now busy every day with work and school. Combo that with a whole new area and no clue where old spots are yet and you get no old coins, haha.

Don't worry, bud, the chicks dig the rings more. ;) :D

KirkPA said:
bscofield6 said:
KirkPA said:

Don't worry, bud, the chicks dig the rings more. ;) :D

I've heard rumors about girls getting naked at the site of an old crusty copper and even crazier stories from those seeing old wilver. Too crazy for tnet!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back