Going to try and dig all of the 50 state quarters.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils -Minelab Manticore-
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one of the 50 state quarter slabs at Goodwill that was empty for like 3 bucks. Went out on a hunt with my buddy and found 6 different state quarters that day. So I decided to start filling the slab that night. Went through a bunch of clad I had found over the 2023 season. I'm nearly half way there already. I know I have more clad somewhere around here. Here is my progress so far. Has anyone else attempted this before? I'll update this post as time goes on and I find more of them.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting everyone!

20240812_005023.jpg

Upvote 11
I found one of the 50 state quarter slabs at Goodwill that was empty for like 3 bucks. Went out on a hunt with my buddy and found 6 different state quarters that day. So I decided to start filling the slab that night. Went through a bunch of clad I had found over the 2023 season. I'm nearly half way there already. I know I have more clad somewhere around here. Here is my progress so far. Has anyone else attempted this before? I'll update this post as time goes on and I find more of them.

View attachment 2163707
You need to do that with Indian head pennies...

View attachment 2163707
Back when our beaches and school yards were more productive I was able to achieve that goal.

You need to do that with Indian head pennies...
Now that would be neat. However I find so few of them I don't think I'd be able to complete the set.
Back when our beaches and school yards were more productive I was able to achieve that goal.
That's very cool. I typically hunt in parks and some yard permissions. I was able to add 7 more today after finding a bag of clad in my tool box at work. My tool box is a catch all for some of my stuff. I know i have more clad somewhere. Total is at 28 now.

20240813_120358.jpg

I typically hunt in parks and some yard permissions. I was able to add 7 more today after finding a bag of clad in my tool box at work. My tool box is a catch all for some of my stuff. I know i have more clad somewhere. Total is at 28 now.
Are you filling the frame exclusively with quarters detected & dug, or are you including pocket change & other sources?

Are you filling the frame exclusively with quarters detected & dug, or are you including pocket change & other sources?
I'm only counting the ones I dig. My buddy asked if I wanted him to help out but I politely declined his offer.

:thumbsup: In that case, I hope you fill it... twice! 🙂
Thanks! I've had multiple duplicates already. Enough space in the slab to double stack as well 👍

View attachment 2163707
That sounds like a fun challenge. Happy hunting!

View attachment 2163707
Good luck with that, we rooting for you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back