Glass arrowhead made from old bottle!

PA.Hunter

Dec 5, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone ever find any of these? Anyone know if any came out of PA in the past? I outlined the symbol with a marker so you could se it better just incase someone is familiar with the mark and could possibly date the piece of glass. 01.jpg02.jpg

Upvote 0
I used to think that clear"ish" glass was fairly modern until I saw some of the items from a 1715 fleet wreck close to my home.
There was clear frosted glass.

710176d1354942904-glass-arrowhead-made-old-bottle-01.jpg
710177d1354942970-glass-arrowhead-made-old-bottle-02.jpg

Anyone ever find any of these? Anyone know if any came out of PA in the past? I outlined the symbol with a marker so you could se it better just incase someone is familiar with the mark and could possibly date the piece of glass.

Hello everyone,

Yes. this symbol is the Apothecary's Belt, and it is sometimes seen on older 19th Century druggist bottles. Here's a nice one from Montreal:

It's a bit of an arcane symbol and harkens back to the days of Alchemy. It's sometimes seen on British, American & Canadian druggist bottles of the Mid - 19th Century.

William_Fettes_Douglas_-_The_Alchemist.jpg

Good stuff as always Surf.
"GlassMan"

"Dog eating a robot"?? N.C., you crack me up...lol. Wish we were neighbors, we'd have a blast...lol.
You aren't too many states away from me. I have heard of red and blue glass in Nc. You are about, what 4 states away from NC. 8-9 hour trip. Blue is looking good. The design, I do not know. Dog eating a robot?? Lol. Nice piece. Wish I could help on more than the color. Google railroad glass. That should give an idea or two

Thanks for the id surf. I guess it's not as old as what I thought then. I guess a previous digger was practicing his knapping skills.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back