GIVE ME YOUR BEST IDEAS ON WHAT AND HOW OLD

68GTOFINDER

Nov 21, 2013
St. Louis, Mo
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1572730961.609766.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1572730971.655599.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1572730982.979184.jpg

What date is the coin? That’s a starting point if a virgin site.

Upvote 0
Creskol; Is there any reason why you chose those years ? The square item I think was a compact, the glass was all broken inside. The smaller item I can tell is a buckle of some sort and the larger item is a mystery. The only writing I can find on it is on the clasp. It has a “W” and says pat. Pend. For patent pending. All help appreciated.

Upvote 0
I used that age spread based on the architecture of the cosmetic case.. sort of a inexpensive stamping with interregnal tabs used as the hinge.

The design of the swivel, with square edges on the top keeper or "bead" is also typical of that time frame.

Upvote 0
The one on the left looks like a clip from suspenders from when men didn't wear belts.
No idea on age but the leather is still there so maybe 1940s.
I have found leather shoes much older at a homesite from the early 1900s.

Upvote 0
Mekong Mike, do you have any photos that look like what have? I can’t seem to find anything that resembles what I got. The metal seems so heavy duty. I just don’t know.

Upvote 0
the larger leather and metal looks like part of a set of suspenders to me, the weave of leather and such.

Upvote 0
No, a side view of that "W" thing would help...
Suspenders wouldn't need to swivel like that. I suspect this is something else.
Why the odd shape?

Upvote 0
it 's a dog leash . used to keep the hunting dog close while walking and then easy to release the hounds when time to hunt.
images

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the one I'm showing is more modern .
could also be a horse lead . the swivel makes me think for an animal related use.

Upvote 0
Your buckles are most likely either early 1900s or more recent. The fact that the leather is still intact may attest to this as well.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back