German book need a translator

Thanks mudhut I do know about google translate and did try it already as the second word is reading book and the first word Is most likely a last name but the problem is it would take me days to go letter by letter typing each word into translate so I figured I would ask the good members of treasurnet for help and I tried photo translate app those dont work either lol and if I type into search engine it all comes up german hence going letter by letter again in google translate as some letter do not look like american letters like the german s but my guess is its some sort of history book

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks mackydon that's why I post here quick answers lol here is copy and past into google translate from your first post.... second reading book for the German Catholic schools in North America

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Guten Morgen- Ich speche Deutsch. It is a reading book for German Catholic Schools located in North America, with additional sections dedicated to priests and teachers. It contains historical references and pictures.

Upvote 0
So german/ american catholic school book right

Upvote 0
Jawohl. Yes, its a "reader" which were common ways of teaching at private schools in the 19th C and early 20thC (and was also the way it was done prior to mandatory public schools).

Upvote 0
Kinda late on this since you figured it out already, but for future reference, check out the language link in my signature.

Upvote 0
I will keep that in mind cti4sw thanks for your help

Upvote 0
German to me feels like "root" English- as does Swedish.... my best advice to learning it is simply first understanding the sentence structure and the die, der, dem, des changes based upon the gender of the noun etc. Get that down, memorize a lot of verbs and nouns and you will find yourself "getting it"...but it, like anything else, take practice.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back