Gaze upon the Silver Fox and feel good

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
I'm primarily a coinshooter. But since we can't see what's in the ground I'm just a treasure hunter using a metal detector always hoping for the best. I've had 14 published articles in the '90s in Lost Treasure, and Treasure Facts. I owned a White's 6/DB and a legendary Teknetics Mark I Ltd. I found my share and your share of goodies and I could die right now with a smile on my face thinking about every coin, etc., that saw the light of day after I freed it from its earthly "tomb."

Smile with me!

Attachments

• Ug-2.JPG
    Ug-2.JPG
    6 KB · Views: 1,195
  • Ug-2.JPG
    Ug-2.JPG
    6 KB · Views: 1,189
Welcome to Mug Shots Silver Fox!

OMG - I wanna run my fingers through your hair... did I say that out loud? :tard: :sign10:

I wanna see more of those 1700s coins and more of those other finds too! :thumbsup:

I used to have silver hair... but now it's chrome :icon_scratch:

Don't believe everything Montana Jim says :icon_scratch: ::)

Welcome & great to see ya!

:wink: RR

WelcomeSign.gif

Attachments

• WelcomeSign.gif
    WelcomeSign.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 1,030
:sign10: @ Jim.....you are so bad! :angel9:

Good morning , Silver Fox. Welcome to Mugs. You have a contagious smile. :)
Also sounds like you have led a treasure hunters dream life! I'm looking forward to seeing your finds.

Pepper

Pepper2004 said:
:sign10: @ Jim.....you are so bad! :angel9:

Good morning , Silver Fox. Welcome to Mugs. You have a contagious smile. :)
Also sounds like you have led a treasure hunters dream life! I'm looking forward to seeing your finds.

Pepper
Hi all: Thanks for the nice comments and the warm welcomes. Would you believe that this morning when I awoke, lo and behold, I was 70 years old plus a few hours! My, how time flies, especially when you're having fun. Enough of the cliches!.

You could say that for the past 36 years I've led a charmed life and that's due to my honey. We met 36 years ago on my birthday so every March 18 it's a double celebration. She's kept me warm, safe, secure, healthy, wealthy. I'm her knight in shining armor and I'm going to die a very happy man.

Then, of course, there were all of those times when detector in hand I was constantly surprised by the goodies I unearthed plus the millions of PTs, SCs, and everything else that turns a dig into a muted curse.

When I got into treasure hunting in 1979 I was fortunate to first have attended a class at a local L.A. college hosted by treasuremeister Roy Roush. And in the class was actor Aldo Ray! My mentors were Sandie and Jerry Goldstein, proprietors of FINDERS KEEPERS of San Fernando Valley.

When Linda accompanied me to the beach and she performed the sand scooping, somehow she always ended up dumping the sand on my feet! And we'd laugh our butts off. Humor is the first and most important ingredient in a happy life. And we do laugh every day.

Here, again, is a picture of me and my bettef half. If you ever see THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JOHNNY CARSON from 1973 and they play STUMP THE BAND, you might see us having a ball with Johnny, Doc, & Ed.

Attachments

• Ugg-Boog.JPG
    Ugg-Boog.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,028
Welcome Silver Fox! I used to get those old Lost Treasure magazines to read, starting about 1989. Sometime during the early-mid 90s bought my first detector. Nice photo, I'm sure you've found more than your share of treasure. Great to have you here at Mugs! :coffee2:

Looking good Silver. I guess a big smile and plenty of laughs will take you a long way. Thanks for the advice. Geez the Late show with Doc Johnny and Ed in 73, I bet that was a blast. I was only 1. Ed's the man btw ;D.

jraven said:
Looking good Silver. I guess a big smile and plenty of laughs will take you a long way. Thanks for the advice. Geez the Late show with Doc Johnny and Ed in 73, I bet that was a blast. I was only 1. Ed's the man btw ;D.
Oh, yeah, jraven, humor is at the top of the list. It's disarming. It can keep a relationship afloat.

The thing about that appearance on Johnny's show was that Linda, my wife, was working for Al Brodax who produced "YELLOW SUBMARINE" and he knew Ed. Ed gave him tickets to the show, being the last one in NYC, and Al gave them to Linda. When we were standing in line outside the theater an usher came down the line talking to all and when he got to Linda he asked her name and next to it he put some XXX. So when we entered and sat down by the front, we had been placed there to catch Johnny's attention when he asked for Stump The Band volunteers. The reason: Linda was/is voluptous and was wearing a revealing top so that when Johnny asked her if she wanted to play, when she got up Johnny reacted and dropped the mike to everyone's guffaw. Doc jumped in also when he was asked by Johnny if he knew the song Linda wanted to sing. He said no but would rather have the band do "CLIMB EVERY MOUNTAIN"! Yeah, we had a ball and Johnny gave us dinner at the Tropicana's Royal Box and we were treated like a King and Queen. Great memories!

Thanks for reviving the ol' thread.

Silver Fox

Sounds like an awesome night. They sure took care of you all. That's great! Thx for sharing..

Great story, Foxy. You're a wealth of information about detecting and about life. :thumbsup:

Glad you're here! :)

Mona Lisa said:
Great story, Foxy. You're a wealth of information about detecting and about life. :thumbsup:

Glad you're here! :)
Thanks Mona Lisa, I'm glad to be amongst you and TNeters have revived my interest in the ol' hobby. I find myself spending more time on the THing websites than actually being out there. I gotta get out more. :icon_sunny:

welcome

Attachments

• 7_4_33[1].gif
    7_4_33[1].gif
    49.9 KB · Views: 673
  • 4_17_2[1].gif
    4_17_2[1].gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 659
  • 7_4_33[1].gif
    7_4_33[1].gif
    49.9 KB · Views: 671
  • 4_17_2[1].gif
    4_17_2[1].gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 665
Silver Fox, been getting out detecting lately? Weather is just really turning nice here...going to be a warm sunny next week...finally at last! :icon_sunny:

Red_desert said:
Silver Fox, been getting out detecting lately? Weather is just really turning nice here...going to be a warm sunny next week...finally at last! :icon_sunny:
Glad you asked Red. I did go out today because even though the rain ended a couple of days ago it was still too cool for me to enjoy the hobby. Today the temperature was "scheduled" to reach 70, ideal weather to be finding money! I went out to a local park from 1895 in a short-sleeve shirt and while waiting for the bus the 23-mile-per-hour wind made me wonder if I should go home and get a jacket or long sleeve shirt but I didn't bother and I was glad I didn't as it was a beautiful day in the park and a long sleeve shirt or jacket would have been a hindrance. The park has a nice history which any detectorist would be glad to hunt but I've already done it once years ago and it didn't produce what one would think would be found. No silver, no old coins.

I detected almost 3 hours besieged by curious kids, adorable but sometimes in the way. I didn't mind. I found only clad coins and a horsehair (I'm guessing) bracelet with what looks like silver rings but I'm not sure 'cause there's no markings. 8 quarters, 11 dimes, and 5 copper cents and a 1934 worn wheatie. One of the dimes a 1998 made me think I had found a silver Rosie 'cause it came out of the hole looking like one! At home I could see it was 1998. Bummer.

I did have one bad moment that made my heart race. A couple of teenage girls were chasing each other a little distance from me so I wasn't concerned with them. But while concentrating on retrieving a coin I heard an awful sound and expected to see my detector in pieces. The larger of the 2 girls, big for her age, had gotten too close to me and tripped on my upright coil and I thought she had stepped on it by the sound it made. Fortunately all she did was flip the not-too-tight coil towards the control housing. Whew!

How are things in Indiana? Are there nice places for you to hunt and find old and silver coins? I always think of locations such as yours as being historically-active with plenty in the ground to find.

Silver Fox

TreasureTales said:
Hmmm, if I'm reading between the lines properly, :icon_study: a good relationship depends on 3 things: A good sense of humor for the man and a nice pair of knockers for the woman. Is that what you're saying? :icon_scratch:
No, but a nice pair of knockers never hurts! :tongue3: Actually, besides humor and the knockers, you need to respect the other person and not have a superior attitude as far as sexes. We may not be built the same but we both have brains which can be developed beyond mondo. There's no better partner than one who is your equal developed-brain-wise. My wife is brilliant so we balance each other. :icon_king: :icon_queen:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back