Garden indian head!

Vonclemen29

Apr 15, 2013
Central mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter commando, minelab xterra 505 9", 6" coil, minelab pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, made me a new garden last year literally ten feet from my back door. My house is on top of an old house site, so every time I till up I find at least two marbles, few thirties wheaties, other odds an ends. Today was a lil surprise, walking round lookin after I tilled up an found this

image-4227494132.jpg

image-4074386732.jpg

1889 penny! Was really in bad shape when I found it, but a lil rubbing an cleaning it turned out ok. Can't wait to till again, tried detecting in this area alot, just too much trash. Been a house site my whole life plus at least eighty years more.

Upvote 12
try being buried in 5 feet of snow getting 6-8 inches everyday and sub zero (for more than an hour)temps here in Michigan. I'll gladly trade with locations with you

Uh! Yea man I'm good. Couldn't imagine. Most snow I've ever seen here was back in 96' an it was a foot. We had no power for two weeks, but I had fun. Rode 4-wheelers everyday in it. Also the temp wasn't but in the twenties. Heck it was fourty today, tomorrow gonna be in fifties. So this weekend it's diggin time

Hell, it's 18 degrees here now. Two days ago it was 68. Mississippi weather is f'd up. Tilled when it was almost seventy, now there's snow two miles from me two inches deep. I never even snowed here. Too cold to detect, with ten mph winds makin it feel 8 degrees aaaahhh I'm ready for spring
The IH cleaned up nice! As for the weather, all I can say is I feel your pain!

Went to the same spot an found two wheaties earlier, 1944, 1955. Oh an another marble. Musts been a good marble playin spot. Lol

Have you thought about digging out the whole space to 2-3 feet and sifting it? You could make a nice little sifter and I bet you'd find a lot more of that cool stuff in a hurry, plus you could sort the soil to make it nice loam with no rocks. Could be good for your garden

Have you thought about digging out the whole space to 2-3 feet and sifting it? You could make a nice little sifter and I bet you'd find a lot more of that cool stuff in a hurry, plus you could sort the soil to make it nice loam with no rocks. Could be good for your garden

Yes I have thought about it, actually when I get time I will do it. Actually got a box sifter, three different sized holes. When I do it if I find anything ill surely post. Being in mississippi I don't have to worry about rocks, so when it dries an I get time I'm gonna hit it hard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back