Gallager Carbine

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well at least part of one. Went back to a skirmish area today where I've found bullets, buttons and a box plate. I dug a mini ball and then this popped out. Wasn't sure what it was, so it went in the bag. After I cleaned it up some, I realized that it was the frame of a Gallager Carbine. I don't have an electrolysis set up, any other suggestions for cleaning it?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494209162.988743.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494209184.569443.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494209200.424281.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494209226.884577.jpg

Upvote 12
I'd be stoked to find something like that, really cool find

Only what I have learned on T/Net, and that is since it's so toasted with rust, soaking it in apple cider vinegar for a couple or few days will remove a lot of the rust, followed with some brushing, I have done that with both iron and steel items that had a heavy rust coat. With iron it's followed with a baking soda water soak, to draw out the acid from the vinegar, steel, I do not know if that is needed. Should come out looking a lot better.

12V low amp charger, (+) to chunk of steel, (-) to relic. water & teaspoon of baking soda in plastic container--- plug 'er in & check every hour until yer smilin'. light tap with piece of wood to loosen the flakes, then coat with toilet bowl ring wax

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back