From inspiration to restoration...out of the ground to outstanding!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Hey hey diggers !
I am at that point in the year where I can unlock the shackles of work for a while and forget about the 9 to 5 .
It's time for digging in Dirtyville!

I was inspired by my pal Kiddo and his recent post about finding buttons and silver coins and some old coppers too! I thought to myself " what the flip...I'm going detecting too"
So I did.
Hit a couple of old favourite fields that were ready to detect, despite the drought conditions in the ground I managed to find some keepers.
So my adventure began with a bang....fourth hole in the morning and wow...King's American Regiment officers coat button from the Revolutionary War!

I was a half kilometer in any direction from a site old enough to produce such a find...it was out of context where it was but an extraordinary find I'll gladly take.
Now I provided an out of the ground pic alongside a restored button that transformed into one of my best buttons of that period...period!
Still a little green but hey, look what I started with..unbelievable.
The adrenaline rush from that find energized the rest of my hunt for the day.
Other notable finds included a nice religious medal and a few coins.
Oh and not to forget my first hole banger too right at the roadside..this huge wrench!
Now i can keep my big square pair tight lol
Anyway i sure hope theres more to come in the coming weeks
..stay tuned !

Attachments

• 20240926_132704.jpg
    20240926_132704.jpg
    915.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 20240926_132134.jpg
    20240926_132134.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 26
  • 20240926_104306.jpg
    20240926_104306.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
Upvote 7
Congrats on all the great finds. That button is amazing, and religious medals are a favorite of mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back