From inspiration to restoration...out of the ground to outstanding!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Hey hey diggers !
I am at that point in the year where I can unlock the shackles of work for a while and forget about the 9 to 5 .
It's time for digging in Dirtyville!

I was inspired by my pal Kiddo and his recent post about finding buttons and silver coins and some old coppers too! I thought to myself " what the flip...I'm going detecting too"
So I did.
Hit a couple of old favourite fields that were ready to detect, despite the drought conditions in the ground I managed to find some keepers.
So my adventure began with a bang....fourth hole in the morning and wow...King's American Regiment officers coat button from the Revolutionary War!

I was a half kilometer in any direction from a site old enough to produce such a find...it was out of context where it was but an extraordinary find I'll gladly take.
Now I provided an out of the ground pic alongside a restored button that transformed into one of my best buttons of that period...period!
Still a little green but hey, look what I started with..unbelievable.
The adrenaline rush from that find energized the rest of my hunt for the day.
Other notable finds included a nice religious medal and a few coins.
Oh and not to forget my first hole banger too right at the roadside..this huge wrench!
Now i can keep my big square pair tight lol
Anyway i sure hope theres more to come in the coming weeks
..stay tuned !

Attachments

• 20240926_132704.jpg
    20240926_132704.jpg
    915.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 20240926_132134.jpg
    20240926_132134.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 41
  • 20240926_104306.jpg
    20240926_104306.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 41
Upvote 13
Congrats on all the great finds. That button is amazing, and religious medals are a favorite of mine.

Great save and clean up of the beautiful button.
Well done on the coppers as well.

Have you managed to dig that other dirtyville guy out of his basement for a dig?

Great save and clean up of the beautiful button.
Well done on the coppers as well.

Have you managed to dig that other dirtyville guy out of his basement for a dig?
I have been in contact with him recently and there should be hunts coming up as early as next week so the cob webs will be shook off by then and the finds will be coming shortly!

Hopefully more of the older finds this fall but only time will tell

I have been in contact with him recently and there should be hunts coming up as early as next week so the cob webs will be shook off by then and the finds will be coming shortly!

Hopefully more of the older finds this fall but only time will tell
Heck if that button isn't an inspiration to shake off the cobwebs there's a serious ass kick needed.😁

Looking forward in seeing some future recoveries.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back