DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I learned some more history about my old house and who lived here in 1922. The man who built this house delivered mail in a horse and buggy before he bought a model T. I found his model T key a while back beside the sidewalk but that's another story. Today I found 2 large rings with metal pieces attached right beside each other. If anyone could help identify them I sure would be grateful. I also found 2 Lincoln cents and an old 12 gauge winchester new rival shell bent up pretty good and a steel wheel off something. Thanks for looking. DANGLANGLEY

Attachments

• IMG_2311.JPG
    IMG_2311.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_2315.JPG
    IMG_2315.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_2322.JPG
    IMG_2322.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 448
Congrats on your finds. The item you want IDed is a horse bit.

I need to hurry and post this so I can be the 1st to ID something here for a change! ;D

;) RR

Attachments

• A8FSFTbit.jpg
    A8FSFTbit.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 394
Upvote 0
Those are horsebits... they connected and were both part of one bit... I'll get a pic here in a minute and show you.

Update: DANG!! LOL... RR got the pic already. Cool!

Upvote 0
I'm quick, Jim!! :o I knew what it was cause I have 2 of them. Trying to find a pic on the web took a little longer. ;D

Upvote 0
River Rat said:
I'm quick, Jim!! :o I knew what it was cause I have 2 of them. Trying to find a pic on the web took a little longer. ;D

You did good... I also have some, but they are for my horses, not dug. I've posted that reply like four times here and thought I would knock out an easy one! But... BAM!! You beat me too it! LOL :)

Upvote 0
That was a whole lot quicker service than fast food. Dang that was fast!!! Thanks a bunch, I can't believe I didn't recognize what I had.

Upvote 0
River Rat was very quick on the ID, congrats to her. The gals are starting to kick our butts, boys, on the "What Is It?" board. We can't let that happen. LOL

Upvote 0
Dear Tales,

Sorry that we let you and manhood itself down, unfortunately I was feild inspecting a public park that is under construction.

It won't happen again.

I'll take the blame and go to my room now.

Any specific corner?

Stefen

P.S. it's a snaffle bit.

;D

Upvote 0
New to the site. Defo horse bit. Sorry, could have ID'd that for you instantly.

Have cleaned enough slimey horse bits and bridles to last a lifetime. ;D

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back